ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pug1Off 205GTi content...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/281950/driven_pug1off_peugeot_205_gti_195.html

Nice. Dangerous = Fun!

The heart of Pug1Off’s basic upgrade package is the 167bhp, 2-litre 16v motor from the 306 GTI-6, which surprisingly drops straight into the 205’s engine bay (with a very slight re-working of the under-bonnet slam panel) and attaches to the 205’s five-speed gearbox.

For £2220, Pug1Off will perform the engine transplant, complete with new clutch, cambelt and water pump, plus the reassurance of a 12-month, 10,000-mile warranty.

car_photo_514924_12.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Enjoyed to article on this and the BBR mx5 the other month. Would love either :)

182 Turbo
Lol I know a guy who will do this same transplant for £750 (you have to source your own gti6 engine) pug1off have ridiculous prices

£2220 for a guaranteed install with fresh belts and clutch.

Or £750 + engine (£200) you're at a grand before you get to ecu etc.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
£2220 for a guaranteed install with fresh belts and clutch.

Or £750 + engine (£200) you're at a grand before you get to ecu etc.

literally BELT though. they NEVER change idlers/tensioners. I had someone take a car back 3 times under warranty and they changed the idlers one by one to fix a noise. They refused blankly to fit a kit. :| Then they charged extra labour and wouldn't release the car until it was paid!!!!!

I stood in the reception having a shouting match with Lucie about it. Ignorant cow she is

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
literally BELT though. they NEVER change idlers/tensioners. I had someone take a car back 3 times under warranty and they changed the idlers one by one to fix a noise. They refused blankly to fit a kit. :| Then they charged extra labour and wouldn't release the car until it was paid!!!!!

I stood in the reception having a shouting match with Lucie about it. Ignorant cow she is

Set of c***s.

Surely you can get a decent lump and ECU for £500, and fit it yourself. If you feeling fruity, slap a cambelt kit on and a set of shells

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Add a Lynx supercharger kit to that engine and you'll see a reliable 400+bhp, even more dangerous fun!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I got all excited reading Evo as I have a white MX and a Graphite 205.. unfortunately when I got home mine weren't those cars still :(

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im mate had a car done by them.

It was a 205 GTI with a turbo's GTI6 engine.

Will try and get photos of it

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Lad in GY has one, only as quick at a ST220 in a line.

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Just my two-penneth.. Although the XU10J4RS does 'bolt' in.. In as much, as you could bolt the engine and box in, there are a myriad of trick bits you need to convert one to a good spec, i know this because ive just finished one ;)

Exhaust needs attention, hose kits, etc etc... Not so simple as getting an engine and 'slapping it in' im afraid.

But. That said. Its the cheapest way to 170hp by far in a 205. :)

Note i said cheapest. Not best. I much prefer the Mi16 i ran prior to the '6 engine, just seem a much more characterful, fruity engine.

182 Turbo
Spend the 2.2k getting a set of jenveys and emerald for the 1.9 lump imo, plus the heavy gti6 engine compromises the snatchy handling. Money better spent elsewhere than pugRIPoff

As for lynx yes they are by far the best place to supercharged your gti6 lump but there high boost kit (400bhp or so on) is far from reliable trust me lol and it costs a very pretty penny

Last edited:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just my two-penneth.. Although the XU10J4RS does 'bolt' in.. In as much, as you could bolt the engine and box in, there are a myriad of trick bits you need to convert one to a good spec, i know this because ive just finished one ;)

Exhaust needs attention, hose kits, etc etc... Not so simple as getting an engine and 'slapping it in' im afraid.

But. That said. Its the cheapest way to 170hp by far in a 205. :)

Note i said cheapest. Not best. I much prefer the Mi16 i ran prior to the '6 engine, just seem a much more characterful, fruity engine.

2.0ltr 8v Turbo I say (would love the 16v mind) one day i'll have my 205 running it witha DP manifold!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
About 25kg's heavier iirc mi16 is about 10kg's or so for an alloy block I think.. Over a 1.9 this is..

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
All I remember is back whe nI Was 18, I went in a Throttle Bodied MI16 Stripped 205GTI and I remember thinking I never want to own anything this fast lol!

No Idea what sorta power/speed it would be, Id imagine it was a hell of alot quicker than my current Type R?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
In all honesty they aren't that quick in comparision to modified hot hatches of today but they are so raw they feel masively quick!

I certainly miss driving mine for how connected you feel even compared to the clio which is a pretty good "drivers car" in itself