ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSP homebrew question

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Is there any cool add-on apps/homebrew shizzle that will work on firmware v2.01? I've had a look around the net and it seems that if you're not on 1.5 or 2.0 then you're knackered. Is this the case?

Before I bought it I was always reading about all the cool extras you can have but it seems I've s**t out somewhat.:dapprove:

Rick

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Go and get GTA:LCS for the psp (real game, not downloaded) then come back ;) A whole world of stuff is waiting for you..

dk

911 GTS Cab
MikeDX said:
Go and get GTA:LCS for the psp (real game, not downloaded) then come back ;) A whole world of stuff is waiting for you..
please do expand....

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
MikeDX said:

Well, my mates got GTA so I can borrow it. I did read somewhere that you can load some homebrew games from saves on GTA. But what about other stuff like turning your PSP into a remote for your TV and DVD player etc, not just using it for games?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Ok

basically theres a list of stuff that will work with a 2.01 (and above) PSP listed HERE:

http://www.fanjita.org/content/gta_working.html

A LOT OF STUFF IS WORKING! and more stuff is being made to work all the time.

No Clart, updating the firmware isnt a good answer lol.

Dave, see my link ;)

GTA is worth buying anyways. You need it to boot the homebrew from.. and its worth it..

So Get GTA, get fanjitas GTA loader (called brown ale) and get playing :)

6/468 17poo
Can you expand even more to exactly what you have to do, ive got firmware 2.00 so all this should work but still dont understand???

Cheers Ryan

6/468 17poo
oki doki still havent really got a clue but ill have a read of it and try and make some sense of it all!!suppose ill need a 2gig card?all ready got a 1gig so may be ok?!

hardly ever use the psp, the walkman is probably used more so this may make me use it more, plus ive got gta, its a wikid game to say the least!!
Ryan

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'm quite happy on Version 2.6 and buying games in the shsops. At least I know a) they will work and b) not break £200's worth of PSP!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
CupCake said:
I'm quite happy on Version 2.6 and buying games in the shsops. At least I know a) they will work and b) not break £200's worth of PSP!

me too, just ordered the new lemmings, going to be sooo good.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
i'm not really talking about playing pirated games. I'm talking about the world of homebrew and emulators.

With the GTA loader (or using a 1.5/2.0 psp) you can do things like:

use your psp as a remote control
turn your psp into an older console (megadrive, snes, nes, gameboy)
watch / play flash movies

And of course, it still plays games/umds that you get in the shops!

Each to their own though.. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
MikeDX said:
turn your psp into an older console (megadrive, snes, nes, gameboy)

Emulation is piracy though? Its not like you own any of these platforms or the games?

Soap box rant. :)

UR 197, AB 182 FF
CupCake said:
Emulation is piracy though? Its not like you own any of these platforms or the games?

Soap box rant. :)

Emulation is piracy if you like, same as knives are murder weapons...