ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(PS3) Which steering wheel?

200 Gordini
As above, I am a steering wheel noob.

How do they connect?

The G25 i've seen a few people mention? Or other?

Nothing too expensive please.

TBH:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the logitech gt pro, if you can find it in argos your get it for £80, otherwise online thier well over £100 now (with the f1 and gt hype)
I got the last one in the local argos and most are sold out

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive just recenlty bought the Logitech GT Pro and it was the last one in the local area and that was from Argos for £80 dabs i had a play with it without a stand and it was awesome and my wheel stand pro has arrived also today so tomorrow F1 will be Cained

Yep, bargain on the gt pro from argos! the price's everywhere else shot right up (most of them more than double)
Where did you get the stand from?

Clio 172 Cup
Just purchased a Logitech G27 for F1 2010, not exactly cheap, but my god it's good!!

Also built a stand thing for it this afternoon, my lass wasn't best pleased at the "wooden monster" as she called it, but I think it's perfect.

Clio 172 Cup
Seen that, but time didn't allow, see how the wooden master piece gets me by, might be worn out just in time for GT5.

F1 2010 is pretty impressive tho!!

200 Gordini
I have a G25 at home m8 - linked to my PC.

What is it you need to see specifically? I can take some pics if needed.

Cheers,
D.

Nothing inparticular, I was after reccomendations for what wheel I should get.

I was looking at the GT pro and originally linked it in my OP but it doesn't have the flappy paddles... Not sure if I'd use them anyway lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing inparticular, I was after reccomendations for what wheel I should get.

I was looking at the GT pro and originally linked it in my OP but it doesn't have the flappy paddles... Not sure if I'd use them anyway lol

Absolutely the opposite m8! I've used the seperate gear shifter a few times - purely for novelty factor more than anything. I really liked using it for 'casual' drives like taking a Caterham out on the 'Ring in GTR Evo - ones where I'm not trying to set a decent time, but just get smooth lines around the circuit. Nice touch using a clutch - even though you really don't have to.

However, on something like F1 2010 - the flappy paddles are a god-send. It feels really natural and works with the game brilliantly. Well recommended.

D.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fair point - they certainly aren't the cheapest things to buy. They are very well built however, so I'm hoping I'll have quite a few years left in mine yet. :)

D.

If I played games more often, I'd get one. Great things, is it the g27 with rev limit LEDs?

Clio 172 Cup
Just been blastin around for the last 3 hours on F1 2010, LED's work a treat and you defo need the flappy paddles on F1.

Anyone up for a multi-player game on F1 PS3, gis a nod.

The gt pro as flappy paddles, though they arnt big paddle's but buttons on the back of the wheel, for a third of the price of the G27 and half the price of a second hand G25 you cant go wrong!

That wheel stand, does the pole in the middle not get in the way ?

SLK 350
midge, how does the wheel feel compared to a G25/G27? Is the weight/feedback similar? Oh and do you get LED's? ;)

No led's and ive not used the others, the main diffrence i think is the h pattern and clutch pedal, and big paddle's rather than the buttons

DCi
That wheel stand, does the pole in the middle not get in the way ?
Can't be too far different from a go kart?

I'm tempted to buy a logitech GT for GT5 as it will also connect to PC

I have my PS3 in the living room ATM as me and the old man play tiger woods... If I got the wheel stand pro I bet I could get him on GT5 :)

200 Gordini
Going to check out the GT Pro and Drving force Pro then choose one of them two. I am watching some G25s on eBay but I think the price will shoot up in the last minutes.

Golf GTD Mk7
which did you end up going for in the end mate? I'm tempted by the GT as the g25/27 are very pricey and the clio is taking a fare bit of cash from me at the mo.

Is the steering just the same on them all, or is there better feed back on the more pricey models? Pedal wise I'm assuming it's just the lack of clutch, but you don't need that for f1 really, so no biggy.