ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 - Media Player - Question

Okay yeah so I know I can Google this, and I will, but I have a question about the PS3 as a media machine, and know many of you guys own one, so I thought I'd ask here too for further opinions:)

Which windows program is considered the best for converting x264 (wrapped up in an mkv holder) into a format that the PS3 can play? I want to start watching my US shows on a telly without having to hdmi a PC to the screen. Source files will mostly be ~1.2GB mkv, converted to a format of equal quality, that can be played off the PS3 via hdmi.

Suggestions appreciated and of course needed.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Okay yeah so I know I can Google this, and I will, but I have a question about the PS3 as a media machine, and know many of you guys own one, so I thought I'd ask here too for further opinions:)

Which windows program is considered the best for converting x264 (wrapped up in an mkv holder) into a format that the PS3 can play? I want to start watching my US shows on a telly without having to hdmi a PC to the screen. Source files will mostly be ~1.2GB mkv, converted to a format of equal quality, that can be played off the PS3 via hdmi.

Suggestions appreciated and of course needed.

simple, the only program you need is mkv2vob, VERY fast, takes less than a minute for a 1.3gb file, and point it to a USB hard drive, then just plug that into the the PS3 and play it, perfect, takes around a minute and works!

It basically encapsulates it in a VOB, something the PS3 can read.

Thanks boys! I will check those names out and download. Defo can't wait to see these shows in 42", although they've mostly all finished for the year now anyway. Owned lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
indeed, they look amazing and are great in 5.1.

Got lost and 24 to look forward to in te new year though so not all is lost!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yep mkv2vob for the win. However, using m2ts files amd wmv-hd is a different story. But you should be ok just using mkvs at the beginning.