ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3] Daytona USA

Bought this last night and played it with a mate all pissed up. It was only like £5 on PSN+

Massive blast from the past! Super awesome. Graphically it's the same as the original but in widescreen and of course HD. We used to spend a fortune on this in the arcades and pubs. This new version looks great in a retro kind of way and runs at a trillion frames per second. Most of you are probably too young to remember it. The handling is better than a certain racer I could mention (but can't due to censorship laws) that's twenty years newer and took half a decade to develop :eek:

Rrrooooolin staaaaaaaart!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Been meaning to get this

Does it support wheels? Once I have my own house, I'm going to buy 2 Daytona USA cabinets

Can't go wrong for the money. I don't think it's for the youngsters. Only those who are old enough to have loved the arcade and Saturn originals will appreciate it. Cars look better than the non-premium GT5 models.

Cookie, no idea if it supports wheels, but it plays well with the pad. Pretty easy to modulate the steering. Seems well balanced.

Monaro VXR
Used to love playing this in the arcade when I was a kid.

Saw it the other day when I was out as well as the original Sega rally. Myself and a few mates ended up sticking a fair few quid into them.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i see this last week but wasn't to sure weather to get it as the physics engine isn't as good as GT5:dapprove:

Joking aside i'll 100% be getting this, i wasted hundreds of pounds on this at Trocadero back in the day when i was meant to be at school lol. was epic having the 8 player races with the lead driver on camera for everyone to see your face:cool: shifting from 4th to 2nd to get the rear locked and start of a drift was truly stunning.....

It supports all wheels and has 8 player online

Gentlemen start your engines!:p

Black 172 PH2
Loved this game, used to spend some pounds in the arcade on it!
Also had the Saturn Version, but it was never quite the same. Also owned Daytona 2001 on the Dreamcast.
The sound track and sound effects are a big part of this game :)

On a side note, anyone remeber Scud Racer? another classic Sega arcade game. Never got a home console release :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - as SteBurns said - DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I remember this in the local bar when we were out in Calgary during the summer of 1995. I few bevvies and a few loons chucked in the cabinet for this - even though I was utterly hopeless at it!

D.