ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS pump noise

Monaco 172
Anybody else have really whiny PS when cold? just bought the car a month or two ago so i don't know if its a fault or just like that on these? :S

BMW M135i
Nope something wrong, usually the pump. Awkward bleeder to change. Does it completely quiet down when it warms up?

Monaco 172
thought it didn't sound right, i'll price up a pump and see about getting it done. is it a nightmare job then?

Monaco 172
priced a pump up, 130+ the vodka and tonic. just want to know what sort of a job it is to fit, i mean is i a total engine strip down or not that bad a job to do. bok time says 3 hours so i'm guessing theres allot of stripping involved

ITB'd MK1
bumper and slam panel off. aux belt and tensioner off, alternator and support brackets off, pas pump pulley off, hoses off pump off.....and reverse

clio 172 sport
mines does it when cold and dies down when warm but soon as you turn the steering it does it again :(

Monaco 172
bumper and slam panel off. aux belt and tensioner off, alternator and support brackets off, pas pump pulley off, hoses off pump off.....and reverse

Pretty big job then lol, i'm gunna leave it for abit cause its no detriment to how the car handles at the moment. I also have a worrying noise especially in first but also in second when you floor it, its not the engine and i can't see it being the gearbox, it seems to be coming from the drivers side so i'm guessing the driveshaft maybe at fault, anybody known this to happen? its sounds like a stone in a blender thats all i can think to describe it. as soon as you shift it stops till your at the top end of 2nd gear then it will do it again once you shift up again it doesnt do it. it goes into gear fine and drives as it normally would.