ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proxy hacking?

SchwepTek™
Never had to use one before but the internet on the residential course i am currently taking is shite!

Won't stream anything, won't let me use msn, any downloading apps, etc.

Any ways round them?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I keep meaning to get a new router for home that has a vpn endpoint capability so when I'm off for things I could then just vpn through my home connection.

Got a course end of feb so might try it by then.

megane 225
www.logmein.com install on your home pc then log onto the website to control your computer.
It depends what sort of proxy they use, google for a proxy anonymizer, if they are using ISA server to block by name, then get the ip address for the site you want and then type that into your browser instead. Works for me.

DMS

A thirsty 172
www.logmein.com install on your home pc then log onto the website to control your computer.
It depends what sort of proxy they use, google for a proxy anonymizer, if they are using ISA server to block by name, then get the ip address for the site you want and then type that into your browser instead. Works for me.

All well and good on a badly configured ISA server, but if it's set up properly it won't allow browsing directly to an IP address anyway.

megane 225
All well and good on a badly configured ISA server, but if it's set up properly it won't allow browsing directly to an IP address anyway.

Indeed, some people dont know how to set them up properly :) hehe

Fiesta ST
VPN service if that port is useable, if not you need to look at a work around because you gonna struggle accessing ports on their network.

3G Dongle for you laptop? will be fast enough for MSM etc.

SchwepTek™
Main reason im stuck is for watching American TV programs.

I download or stream Heroes, Fringe, OTH and soon Lost each week but Megavideo says i have alread watched 72 minutes of video each day when i havent (presuming this is the proxy) and also torrents etc wont download again coz of proxy.