ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Projectors and Xenons..

Clio 200
Hey guy ive been wondering about upgrading my lights to Xenons, i was on 197.net and saw a thread about Projector lights.

Now the question is: are xenons and projectors or not, and if not whats the difference?

i had a quick google, and wiki told me projectors are almost old style of xenons? rather confused

Cheers Ben

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
projectors reference the style of light, you also get reflector which pretty much illuminates the entire head lamp. Projectors often have orbs that are used to project the light more hence making it viable for HID's (As reflectors would blind everybody)

Reflector
P10-180509_Renault_Clio_Headlight.JPG

Projector
1LL007510071.jpg

I'm pretty sure Xenon is just the gas that is used in HID's (Or a similar type of concept) im sure somebody could confirm.

Last edited:

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Xenon is the gas inside the bulbs, xenons are projectors. Projectors are just the domed glass piece that the light passes through. It's a convex so spreads the light evenly. Reflector type lenses are basically shiny silver plastic that surrounds the bulb and reflects the light. Projectors are the modern ones. But just cos it's a projector doesn't mean it's a xenon

If you mean upgrading the whole headlight to a proper xenon then great you'll be amazed. But if you mean putting a hid kit on a normal non xenon headlight then I wouldn't bother. IMO there just chavvy and blind oncoming cars as its not the correct light pattern.

Clio 200
No, im looking into a whole new light unit, so no worries there, i'm just confused a bit because i went into my renault dealer, and asked about projectors, they phoned back 4 days later saying they phoned a few dealers and they said they'd never heard of them?
Any idea's on where i can get the whole unit for a RS200?

Cheers alot :D