ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Winstonising a Renault 5 GT Turbo

Ive had the 5 on the weigh bridge today..... 750kg

Once setup at 18psi it will have 180-90BHP

Quick trip too... http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 190
Weight without Driver (KG) : 750
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 257.40
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.93
0 - 100 (Secs) : 12.246
0 - 100 (Secs) : 7.31
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.34
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 104.40
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.14
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 106.35

Tangoed Works
18 psi will need more than an intercooler strap to keep the internals inside.

750kg is awesome, I miss mine :-(

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
more boost.. uprated actuator, bin the chump valve.

f**k ramming 18psi back through a T25. It isn't going to live long. Compressor surge is a b**ch.

Plus above 14psi a T25 starts to super heat the air in it. Hot air pump FTL.

Rebuilt engine... Rebuilt turbo... 18psi will be sweet guys, will take its toll on the turbo but hey prices you pay

I will run on 14psi till after FCS... then getting the fueling re-jetted for more boost

A

ashy_gtt

more boost.. uprated actuator, bin the chump valve.

f**k ramming 18psi back through a T25. It isn't going to live long. Compressor surge is a b**ch.

Bullsh!t, bit of a general statement to make asuming all T25's to be the same, or have you seen the compressor map for his unit??

Bullsh!t, bit of a general statement to make asuming all T25's to be the same, or have you seen the compressor map for his unit??

I've run 18psi+ through my T25 for 2 years.. no probs yet.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Not many T25 have a decent comp map after 14psi unless they've been machined and have a bigger comp wheel. Even GT2554's add extra heat after 16psi.

Few updates from weekend.... Focused and the interior

Cobra Suzuka bolted to the angle grnder modded standard 5 runners

PICT4163.jpg

Windy windows fitted... took longer to do than the seat lol

PICT4161.jpg

The legendary yellow alpine and Mk1 ipod fitted

PICT4162.jpg

and today the actuator showed up... so its now set at nice and safe 14psi.... needs more boost, in good time :)

PICT4164.jpg

Sunroofs coming out for good over weekend and lost about 2kg in random brakets today.... The hunt goes on for wheels lol

Evo 6, E92 320d
Just watched the vid with expensive headphones, even more addictive. What is the rev limit at? Just doesn't seem to be at high revs, or are you playing it safe.

Just watched the vid with expensive headphones, even more addictive. What is the rev limit at? Just doesn't seem to be at high revs, or are you playing it safe.

he didnt have the actuator on then, so couldnt push it....new videos soon ;)

Playing it safe.... as soon as the needle got near the end of turbo on the standard boost gauge (14psi'ish)... i had to let off and change gear

All sorted now tho... needs more boost tho :D

Few more updates from weekend, Sunroof removed... needs finishing... had it weighed again today... 730kg :D

PICT4199.jpg

PICT4191.jpg

Still only on 2x Madins...

PICT4203.jpg

PICT4197.jpg

Just got to Paint the inside, stencil the roof and clean all my oilly finger prints off lol.... ROLL ON FCS!! :p :p

Cheers folks

Update from yesterday... I painted my floor, in 2 minds whether to camo it before fcs now, was todays job but weather has put a stop to that... what you think? yay or nay?

PICT4205.jpg

PICT4206.jpg