ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Sunflower

BG 182
looks spot on mate! I really liked the way that ph2 rear bumper changed the appearance of the car! Looks so much better!

Chocolate Bar™
A bit more progress on my colour coded strips...

started by sanding them down with the black and decker mouse to get them nice and smooth

DSC00505.jpg

started working through the rgades by hand

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

Covered with a layer of grey primer so i can see the areas of rough plastic that i've missed

DSC00512.jpg

sanded down then a layer of red primer

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

Still a bit bumpy so sanded again and covered with filler primer

DSC00515.jpg

sanded this down after leaving for a few days to dry, and gave another coat of red

DSC00517.jpg

Currently sitting with the second layer of filler primer ready to be sanded again before the coat of colour :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Your so thorough with your Painting Fella... Wish i had the space to do a bit more painting :(

GF's Dad's Motorbike is often in the Garage so I'm limited to the Area's I can use

Chocolate Bar™
Your so thorough with your Painting Fella... Wish i had the space to do a bit more painting :(

GF's Dad's Motorbike is often in the Garage so I'm limited to the Area's I can use

i dont have the space, i normally have to work outside which is a pain in the arse when the weathers bad :(

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Loving it :D :D

Cant wait to get my stuff back and add them to my car hehe.

Nice to see the history of the motor again. Evey addition makes it better an better!

Chocolate Bar™
^ your stuffs done now matey, just need to pc everything! so let us know when your next free

Middo, if you had just plastic primed the bumpstrips then used a high build primer straight onto it, guide coated it and flatting it down by hand using p800 wet and dry it would have come out perfectly smooth. Could have saved you hours.

M

mini-valver

Mark, wednesday? trip to Birchdown, Steve's going to go over the VTS to have a poke round and see why the wheel sits back slightly. Coming? :D

count me in. could do with a chat with steve before booking my car in. should have been paid so know how much i can waste lmao

Coming in the Saxo? If you dare, lol! Drop you a text tommorrow sometime dude...

You'll see the state of the paint aswell. Well, bodywork in general, lol.

Chocolate Bar™
lmao. im up for a trip in the VTShed but i need to stop off at renault to collect/order more bits :S

its my birthday, so ideally i could do with getting home alive :D

M

mini-valver

Yeah no problem! I need to get a decat before we go though as the cat pipe is about to fall off. Clayed and waxed one side earlier, comes up well if you ignore the dents ;)

Pick you up at 8!......

ish ;)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Bloody lovely condition...!

V. jealous TBH! :D And fooking hell....Ph2 spoilers make it look a different car...

Chocolate Bar™
^ aye i'm so glad i went for the ph2 rear, best of both worlds imo.

I'll expect you at 11 then dave ;)

Chocolate Bar™
didnt have many bits to spray this weekend, so was able to spend the day sorting my own bits out for the sub.

did take a few pics of these whilst actually prepping and sorting them, but as they're on the other computer you will have to make do with just a couple of the finished pics lol.

so first up was to spray my ph2 side strips:

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

i'll be wet sanding and machining these during the week, so i can make a proper post on that if anybodies interested :clown:

then moved onto my ph2 side badges to go with them. opted for andromeda as i loved them on timsclios car when i did him a set, and im a chav so love the glitter. out of the sun they just look like a normal gunmetal, but have a load of flake in them:

out of the sun (ob no lacquer or lettering):
DSC00591.jpg

in the sun:
DSC00592.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

travelled down to kully's last weekend to pick up a strut brace, so decided to give that a chav respray as well to match my fuse box cover, and felt chrome/yellow would look out of place with all the other polished bits.

so started off with a fully prepped brace in black groundcoat:
DSC00596.jpg

5 mins later:
DSC00597.jpg

exactly the same, out of the sun:
DSC00598.jpg

in the sun:
DSC00599.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

and i even found time to spray these lol

DSC00603.jpg

also popped down renault and ordered a new centre cap as mine went missing after the yoko paradas were fitted :S a load of screws to reattach the front arch liners as i was a couple short, and ordered a new shorter sound insulation panel for the bulkhead as mine is looking a bit tatty.

other than that, this month should see the yellow HT leads go on, thanks dave ;), and the konig seats once the recaro subframes arrive from gaz @ sportseats4u :)

M

mini-valver

Sidestrips look mint, even without the PC! Did that sound deadening fit BTW??

I'm gonna do that arch this week ready for friday too so you can polish it up while I take yours apart ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Amazing work, as always!

I've sorted my caps and badges now Mark... i thought that if i messed them up (highly likely ;)) that i could pass them to you. Surprisingly, they turned out excellent! I was quite impressed with myself. lol

Cheers anyway lad!

Chocolate Bar™
Sidestrips look mint, even without the PC! Did that sound deadening fit BTW??

I'm gonna do that arch this week ready for friday too so you can polish it up while I take yours apart ;)

sound deadening is interesting to say the least. isnt an exact copy of whats there, but its going to look mint as it'll be exposing some of the painted bulkhead :D

Chocolate Bar™
fitted the new cabasse headunit today (thanks to has). Bloody wonderful headunit, makes such a difference...

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
Few more updated pics, dave fitted my new strut brace and HT leads today, look awesome, although engine bay needs a bloody good clean. Big thanks to Dave for fitting them for me!

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

also found this painted on my radiator, pure coincidence!

DSC00618.jpg

M

mini-valver

Really is looking amazing matey! Sound deadening is a really good touch too, full of ideas me ;)

Chocolate Bar™
Most definatly :)

fitted my ph2 strips and badges today, really pleased with them. Also recieved my new subframes fr me seats so hoipefully with a bit of tweaking they should be fitted. Will also be pc'd to within an inch of its life!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Looks really good does that.

How much is the chav paint by the way? Looks really really good I think!

Chocolate Bar™
not so much an update, but more a couple of proper pics showing what dave did to the sub whilst i was giving his saxo a bit of a spruce up. started the day with a trip to renault to have a new bonnet catch fitted. going to be removing and painting all the bolts later in the week, so for the tme being the rusty ones will have to do lol

2484508084_491c3ea312_b.jpg

2484510460_00783b158c_b.jpg

this is the sight that greeted us. all the metal will have a couple of days spent on it later in the month when ive got some time off work.

2483696873_2438f6129a_b.jpg

2483699473_4b737a6613_b.jpg

notice how the sound insulation at the back of the engine is in a complete state. luckily that was on the list of things to do :D so dave got cracking whilst i put the kettle on.

2484517534_e16620aca9_b.jpg

came back to find he wasnt messing around and had actually done something which is a bit of a shock. (love u really :p)

2483704651_1818e37a5e_b.jpg

2483707381_36591a8eed_b.jpg

so yellow ht leads were fitted from performance leads. quality isnt great, but they look good and will do for the time being. in all honesty i can see them being changed for magnecour ones - however at £40 its worth a gamble.

you'll notice that we ripped the sound insulation off the back wall and found that it was painted black on the left hand side, but left yellow on the right. as the new insulation isnt as large as the original it left a section approximately 4-5'' that was visible down the side of the bailey header tank.

so out came the spraycans and gave it a quick lick of satin black. seeing as i had to do the painting i didnt grab any photos but it did involve moving the header tank and masking up the back of the engine.

once sprayed and with the insulation refitted it looked nice and smart. sorry its a camera phone, but my digi cam photos will be uploaded soon...

we also found time to wack the strut brace on.

2484525698_14f740720e_b.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

once that was sorted i decided to finish my side strips as they had been a long time in the garage and i was getting fed up of seeing them. so out came the sandpaper:

2483727501_c728bd81bd_b.jpg

you can see on the above and below photo what it looks like after one pass with 1500 sandpaper. this was then given a further sanding with 1500 so that the entire section was flat/none shiny. these sanding marks were then perfected with 2500 in order to make correction easier.

after giving them one pass with menzerna IP on a 4'' spot pad i was left with the following shine.

2484544356_6e70849693_b.jpg

2484546490_3390a95a10_b.jpg

2484548136_b88428ae6c_b.jpg

and then i felt obliged to offer up the side badges to see what they would look like:

2484551894_408b88c31e_b.jpg

i then got these finished and thrown back on the car, along with removing the bonnet insulation so that the underside of the bonnet could be fully cleaned and waxed. but once ive given the car a clean ill get some proper pics of it.

once again, massive thanks to dave (mini-valver) absolute legend :D

M

mini-valver

More than welcome lad :D

Love working on the sub, always goes to plan.....Which is a nice change :eek:

Chocolate Bar™
when the ph2 sides went on i was actually impressed with how good it was looking and it was bloody filthy. sad i know :(