ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scene scooby

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Having driven a N/A scooby im sure it'll take around 0.05 seconds for his mind to be made up on a swap. I think its tonight he's seeing it?

More poke than viagr
Lad came round last night and had a good look round it. Only thing that is slightly putting me off is how low it is (never thought id say that!) but the underbody was scraping on cats eyes, man hole covers and a very slight bump on the road leading to my house, never noticed it before!

Theres no way i could live with it being that low, so if i get it id have to either raise it up, fit bigger profile tyres or fit bigger wheels. Id like to keep the wheels though as theyre apparently the only set in the country.

Just waiting for his insurance company to get back to him about insuring the scooby, if they say its okay then we'll be swapping next week :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's so much cooler than the Impreza though.

If you change the wheels I'm going to track you down and throw shuriken at your face.

More poke than viagr
yeah and i thought the clio and scooby were low!!

Trying not to get too excited about it, but will be amazingly excited about getting it! Should hear back from his insurance today, so should know later today :)

More poke than viagr
Do you have any other plans for it Tom other than raising it a tad?

Yeah got plans for it ;) But im trying not to think about it too much incase it doesnt go through. Dont want to get my hopes up and then for it to all fall through.

Yeah it would be a laugh, but ive got to have just a lil bit of practicality. As long as i can get over the speedbumps on my way to work then it'll be alright. I just dont want to ruin the stance by raising it :( Thinking of getting bigger profile tyres though, should raise it enough so i can get to work :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at this pic -

240178_198095983568936_187429901302211_568077_3636144_o.jpg

There is not a chance in hell you could fit larger profile tyres and it move.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's f**king cool as hell that's for sure, but how's the rust issues? I'd want to jack it right up before I swapped, as at the moment you obviously can't see inside the arch

CBR1K, F21 125D
Get your hand right in behind the sill, thats where the worst rot is.

Bare in mind panels can be had for small £.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If you going to do that, sell the scoob for a premium as its just had a mag feature to some spotty teen. Then buy a MX and make it awesome.

The wheels make the red one. Other than that its got a bit of a poverty spec hasnt it? It only sold for £2300?

I reckon you could make a nicer one from scratch..;)

I love 5's but couldn't drive one everyday.

Rears too wide and fronts haven't got enough poke in my opinion too!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I dont think it was worth a swap. As cool as it is. He's better off selling and building his own. Its a MX5 with nice wheels (which he was thinking of changing), a splitter and cheapo coileys. That said, it does look awesome..haha

More poke than viagr
Yeah was going to swap, but other las couldnt get insured on the scooby. Selling the scooby now, either 3k complete or 1500 standard and then got my eye on another one ;)

Its a 1991 J-Ltd version. 1 of only 800 ever made and only sold in japan!! Completely mint, 77, 000 miles (low for a 20 year old car) so think im going on a roadtrip down to poole this weekend :D

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Banana..

Good lad. I reckon you're better off selling the scoob and buying one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shut up Rob you loved yours! Iirc you wanted to put them on your 172! :eek:

More poke than viagr
Picked the yellow eunos up today! 300 mile trip to get it, but so worth it :D Love it to drive, and already got some epic plans to make it retro JDM :)

Will start a project thread for it when i get some pics :)

More poke than viagr
Scoob not sold yet :(

5807449365_7fa177af96_z.jpg

Going for Rota BM8 15x9 et0 (i know their rota's but i dont give a fcuk!)
Healthy drop
Bride seats (graduation material)
Takata harnesses (if i can afford them lol)
Maybe a custom boso exhaust, if not then just a normal aftermarket one
Rollcage maybe

Dont want to go over the top with this, want to keep it sensible