ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scarab 1.2 16v

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok so im starting my progress thread again as i kinda lost where i was up to plus it was gettin a bit messy.

so this `was the car how i bought it only thing fitted was a set of HID's other than that it was standard.
IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

so she sat like that for a few months then i decided to take my thumb out my ass and make it my own

so started off by getting myself a rs grill was in condition when i bought it but as the car is black it looked a lil too grey for my liking so out came the rattle cans

SAM_1208.gif

IMAG0096.gif

IMAG0098.gif

IMAG0099.gif

and then gave it a little bit of colour
IMAG0102.gif

while i was there i thought might as well do the interior dash strips
IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

next up was getting rid of the big arch gap that had been bugging me for ages sorry always forget to get the camera out while doing these jobs
IMAG0103.gif

IMAG0104.gif

AFTER:
IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

next up was giving the amp and sub somewhere so rest instead of rattling round the boot so out came the mdf
IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

INSTALLED:
IMAG0127.jpg

then i headed up to the lake district and went to the lakes run out and met up with tunst, ben g, n1cki and a few more was a good day got to cruise through mountain passes get stuck on the corner from hell with another 1.2 and two ep3s that tunst and ben had already flew through wont realising how bad it realy was haha.
IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

and spent two cold nights in a tent having to cuddle up with the missus lol (it was january and -5)
IMAG0130.jpg

which even though the engine managment light had was on and had been for a few weeks the car didnt miss a beat although it did get crancky when it was cold

so after seeing there cars thaught the car needed some more tlc to the exterior so not having a dc anymore i decided to improvise
101_0732.jpg

then set about restoring my headlights is beyond as it has a leak somewhere that i cannot find so keeps misting up so a replacement has been bought but hers how i done the o/s
101_0720.jpg

didnt look too bad straight on but when you got up close the top had pitted and yellowed
101_0721.jpg

so started out by masking up round the mirror as i didnt want to hit the paint which is in prety good condition
101_0722.jpg

then hit it with some 800 grit wet and dry
101_0723.jpg

101_0724.jpg

then with 1500 but i forgot to get a pic sorry, it went prety clear with the 1500 but no shine so used maguires ultimate compound on the mop and let the drill do the work instead of my poor arms lol
101_0727.jpg

101_0728.jpg

realy brought out the shine again light looks like brand new now

101_0729.jpg

101_0730.jpg

next day got out and gave the car a good clean
101_0734.jpg

101_0735.jpg

then after a 6-7 week wait and a mess up 1 more week finaly had a delivery of the k-tec 182 style exhaust which i love the look of
101_0736.jpg

heres a video but the system sounded bad as i couldnt get the center section to stop blowing with the cat bracket was dead and still had the ecu problem thats why the idle is rough as a dogs ass
th_101_0738.jpg

so since then iv fixed the blow i got the bracket from renault £8 not bad and payed out £45 for a new engine top loom fitted it myself with my dad, engine management light is now gone so much for "you need a new ecu as when the loom has gone its damaged the ecu losing its 5v feed" thank god i gave it a go myself instead of letting renault get there hands on it heard some horror storys of people having the same problem taking it in, and being told they need a ned throttle, loom and ecu and smashing them in the face with a 1500 quid bill.so i no longer have rough running engine and the blow has gone. so think i need to get another video this weekend and hopefully witha take off also.

right well next on the plans
1*2 rear bumper
a set of wheels unsure yet what to go for thinking 16"
N/S headlight
white line anti roll bar
camber
solid top strut mounts
poly flex bush kit
better struts maybe blistens?
omp strut braces frt and rear
ktec induction kit (with a custom made cold feed)
new spoiler was thinking trophy?

so thats how she stands now any comments and sugestion are more then welcome

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well just got a set of 182 wheels from here £230 quid bargain haha they dont look in bad condition either but going to refurb them anyways as they have a few light scratchs a 1 small curbing mark on them so going to get them looking new again and do them in a gun metal colour i think might just go for a simple silver. oh and going to be getting the k-tec big brake kit to fill the gap behind the alloys so it doesnt look like theres bottle caps inside lol and tidy up the calipers. also bought a 182 steering wheel going to use the switchs for new uses, the cc switch am hoping to wire up as a remote turn on for the amp to the sub and unsure what for the other switch, its also getting sent to mikey for a refurb getting new leather dark grey stitching and a dark grey center band. ill post some piks as the parts start to arrive.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
anybody know where i can get decals for the gear knob and the airbag 1 on the dash strips?

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
sprayshack do them I think mate. sure n2graffix do as well. My headlight misted up after a refurb and i put my lights on and took the caps off the back and it dried them out.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
my passenger misted up before the refurb tried everything even dried it out with a hair dryer and fixed the cap but it came back so just replacing the unit when the new 1 finaly arrives

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
right well i managed to get some vids tonight of the exhaust sound can barely see anything but its the sound i was after anyways but these are without the center pipe blowing and the ecu is now fixed so no rough idle well here they are:

th_01-01-2011_000000.jpg

th_01-01-2011_0000001.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
seen as im getting my 182 wheels next week considering what colour to spray them up oh and going to do the interior bits the same colour so options are:
Mercedes pearl white
cc to car
cc to car with silver fleck
silver/ gunmetal

thaughts and opions are needed

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well the wheels are anthracite already so think ill test fit them and see if i like them just think its a bit dark trying to take the car away from black on black using something a bit lighter without looking taky

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
ok a small update but a update none the less had a problem with my indictors long story short if i breaked they came on and wen i tried to indicate the brake lights flashed with them lol so took the rear lights off cleaned the connections up with som carb cleaner put them back together and hey presto the problem has gone.

also got round to putting one of my decals on i removed the french flag from the grill also well heres how she looks i think its aot better
101_0740.jpg

101_0743.gif

and i know the car is rotten getting a good clean tomorrow i have to of the cs decals with the three lines underneath dont know where i should put them did think on the door pillar but think i need a bit of guidance there lol

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
grrrr just went to fix the leak on my sunroof weather was looking good for it so took half the headlining down started to unbolt the sunroof had 3 bolt left and it starts raining had to bolt it all back up quick, half installed the head lining so i can carry on 2morro walk in the house and what happens ..... it stops raining not impressed lol

oh had the car washed today also so rain pissed me off lol good job i didnt do it myself as i knew it was going to rain all week so just went the hand wash instead of doing a full wash myself but going to get the hoover out in a min.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
seen the car sittin on its own in the car park on my way out the cinemas and thaught could do with a photo haha
IMAG0153.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
thanks mate completly loving the exhaust now starting to sound even better now its been broken in a little now thats y av just got a sport rear bumper to neaten the back end up, considering turning the tail lights completly red not sure yet thou

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well had another package today my 182 steering wheel arrived its not in the best condition leathers melted and one of the thumb grips is a bit ripped etc but that doesnt bother me as im sending it off to mikey to retrim for me so itll be looking nice when done.
101_0744.jpg

so now am just waiting on my 182 wheels and rear bumper to arrive

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well was hoping for my wheels to arrive this week but looking like it will be next week now and hoping my 1*2 bumper will come this week with a bit of luck, but ill be fitting my new headlight as it finaly arrived after a month today so ill do a how to on it and also start colour coding.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
rght well didnt get to make as much progress as i wanted this weekend due to still waiting on parts as usual with this build haha but my steering wheel has come thats being sent to mikey and my passenger headlight came got it fitted today didnt realise how bad the old one was completely yellow compared to the new 1 and i restored the drivers side unit a bit more not quite finished yet but a few more pass's with the compound and itl be there, ill post some pics later on of how the car stands. oh and my 182 wheels and rear sport bumper are on there way so they should be making a appearance some time this week.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
yay the sport bumper has arrived thanks ebay lol its not in the best condition but nothing that some elbow grease cant fix so im going to be buffing the s**t out of it tonight so getting some beers in and some supplys ill post as many pics as i can

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
found it hard to get any decent pictures without natural light but managed to get two half decent ones bumpers came out well a few imperfections here and there but its that shiny you don't notice them unless your looking for them. but going to try and fit it tomorrow weather permitted, if anybody has any tips on how to recess it into the bumper id be much appreciative,

101_0746.jpg

101_0747.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well heres how the back end looks now forgive me for it being dirty thats getting sorted tomorrow haha
101_0754.gif

101_0756.jpg

101_0757.jpg

101_0758.jpg

101_0760.jpg

and the new headlight fitted to the passenger side
101_0761.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
thanks boys just ordered some fancy plates for her 3/4 ones well went for 520/90 standard uk font etc so hoping they look nice

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well wheels arrived yesterday tyres are far past loegal lol so need new tryes all round which i wasnt expecting to have to sort straight away so the parada 2's are out the window so got a set of nankang ns2's on the way for now till i get some money together for the yoko's, the wheels have scuff everywhere (only light) which i think is from transit as the piks sent to me dont show any of them so im rubbing them down and spraying them silver hopefully before the new rubber arrives.
and my fancy plates arrived today bit smaller on the car than i was expecting so think they will be show use only unfortunatly ill try get some piks up soon.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
so attacked the wheels this morning managed to get two in colour coat and ill clear them tomorrow while getting the other two into colour forgot to take a pic when primed but heres what i have, oh and yes i havent masked the tyres up as they are far past gone and i have new rubber on the way.

wheel rubbed down to get all scuffs out
101_0764.jpg

in colour coat
101_0763.jpg

101_0762.jpg

Octavia VRS LE
he said the tyres were past the tread limit so i suppose hes going to be putting new ones on. other than that mate this car is coming along very nicely. really like the progress soo far keep it up

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
all the paint on the tyres? how are you going to get that off?
tyres are dead mate so not worth the bother to mask them up as they are coming off by saturday at the latest as i want the wheels on by sunday for the big chester meet hopefully

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well the new rubber arrived this morning caught the delivery man trying to drop them off at a totaly different house lol