ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Minstrel

So I thought I'd start this thread to document the progress of Project Minstrel.

Firstly the name. I am not particularly mechanically minded and a friend of mine is going to fit all the bits when they arrive in one foul swoop, which will hopefully be this weekend. However I had a day today and wanted to really speed up the progress of the project as I have been working away for a few months. What can I do? I know I'll paint the calipers! Colour scheme? Black and Yellow – Project Bee. Went to Halfords, went to B&Q, went to homebase. Could I find any yellow metal paint, could I bollox! White, that'll do. Project Minstrel. So today I painted the calipers – which I now think look rubbish – and fitted the new 2118s and federal 595s. This is what it looks like in all its high rise glory. For those that are wondering, it is bird s**t just above the drivers rear wheel and not the distant reflection of a barn owl in the gleaming paint work:

250411.jpg

Existing modifications:
- JMS works package. Matched inlets; loud air filter; re-map
- Sports cat
- Wonky piper exhaust
- Powerflex dogbone mount bushes
- 2118s and Federal 595 RS-Rs – very impressed with the later on the short drive I had this evening
- White calipers (!)
- A dented and keyed drivers door

In my possession:
- OMP boss and OMP Corsica wheel
- DS2500 front pads
- Camber bolts and rear shims
- Braided lines
- Superblue brake fluid

Ordering tomorrow:
- FK konigsports
- AST top mounts
- Polybushes for the front
- Brembo HC front disks
- Rear: pads; disks; bearings; ABS rings – the dash illuminating like a Xmas tree is annoying me.

In the not too distant future:
- Two bucket seats and million point harnesses to secure my limbs
- Whiteline ARB in the group buy
- A cage, however I really can’t be arsed to strip the interior and I like listening to the radio

Hope to see some of you at a trackday soon!

Cheers, Matt

Yozz'd up 182
just do a trackday before throwing mods on.

You could hate them and it would be wasted money?

I know my project is following similar lines but i did the mods before deciding i ever wanted to do a trackday.

Lighter side, Cant recomend Konigsports enough. They are brilliant.

just do a trackday before throwing mods on.

You could hate them and it would be wasted money?

I know my project is following similar lines but i did the mods before deciding i ever wanted to do a trackday.

Lighter side, Cant recomend Konigsports enough. They are brilliant.

thanks for the recommendation on the konigsports. Regarding the other expenditure, with the exception of the JMS stuff and the caliper paint ;) a lot of it is required given: maintenance needs; and previous experience I have had of track days

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:
It has taken longer than I wanted to progress the car due to work commitments but it is really coming together now. Since my last update I have:

1. Fitted AST suspension all round and had the geometry set up at wheels in motion in Chesham, which has made a huge difference to the handling;
2. Changed all the brakes, pads, lines and fluid and again I'm very impressed with the performance; and,
3. Installed a cobra evolution seat and four point harness to keep me in place.

First day out on track tomorrow at Donington which I'm really looking forward to.

Cheers, Matt

Blimey. It's changed a bit...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45