ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

Golf R
plates don't look as good as i thought, think it's the font style as there's different ones knocking about.... but they're still miles better than the old bowed plates that were on it when you got it :)

glad you're starting to like the idea of keeping standard rear lights too ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Some planned mods for it in no order are;
French plates

Car is looking mint mate.

But why French plates? don't understand why people do this kinda stuff! don't moan when you keep getting £30 fines from the police.

I just really like them for some reason, always liked the german plates on veedubs as well.

Got some at FCS and put them on my megane

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

and just really like the look of them. And no I wont whinge! They are stuck on with velcro so nice and easy to change!!

Aye, that rear plate was well past it Gareth!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Did the passenger side calipers silver tonight and cleaned out the arches whilst I was at it.

Used hammerite smooth silver for the paint

Cleaned with AG engine cleaner
Very strong tesco car shampoo lol
Sponge and water!
Dressed with bumper care and instant trye dressing!

To start with

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

And after

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

And some close ups

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice to see you rear wheels rub on the wheel arches like mine then.

Lots of Alfas
Just noticed your rear pads are on the wrong way round, the one with the tab should be facing the slot on the piston.

Rich will be pleased to see how clean those arches are, surprising how fresh it can make a car look just by doing that. Good work fella.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice to see you rear wheels rub on the wheel arches like mine then.

Yup! Standard height standard wheels and still rubs :S

Not quite, yours is minter. :cool:

lol dunno about that, pics hide a lot but yours looks mint as well

Just noticed your rear pads are on the wrong way round, the one with the tab should be facing the slot on the piston.

Ah really? Cool cheers for letting me know, will have to swap them about then. The rear brakes are actually rubbing a bit so need to have a look anyway.

clio 172
hello matey nice personal touches bet u enjoyed the drive home i live 2 minutes from gareth so saw the car on the od occasion st johns (ambulance)?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah cool, well its going grand up here!!

Will have to get some more pics of it, its been too long, must have some I can upload tonight!

BTW St Johns is the local hospital that my gf works at, I was picking her up iirc!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Found some!

Was before the Scottish meet last week, fitted clear side repeaters and uprated head light bulbs and it needed a clean since Id been down the dirtiest country road known to mankind!!

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

At the meet

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Apart from the fact you cant see the new side repeaters! Cheers Garf.

My Dad has borrowed it today whilst I MOT his car, its now got a baby seat in it! :eek:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Won't go into details but me and Dave just went for a drive round my patch and then Johnnys, what a stonking little car, think the beemer was surprised ;)