ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 'get a mag feature'! (working)

C

clvs2222

rite, soo much iv got planned for the car, thought id start a ongoing thread to document the progress.
As the name suggests, hopeing to get the car in one of the magazines which i have been reading since i was a little boy. lol. its a dream of mine and i think i can make it a reality with this car.

First of all,
The spec of the car when i bought it in november 2007.
Black Mk2 ph2. dynamique.
original 1.2 16v engne was replaced by previous owner with a 2.0 182 engine which includes front and rear axels. so it has the rear disks.
its had the wheel well cut out and a plate welded in, this is not a very good job but did pass the MOT no Problem and i will explain more later on.
when i bought the car. it had the 182 rear bumper, side skirts and front wings, but doesnt have the front bumper, instead it has the orginal bumper with a s**tty splitter on it, it does look very gash. and very heavily tinted windows.

to be continued!

C

clvs2222

Continue -

there was a JBL subwoofer tube in the boot when i had it, i took this out because it weighed just under 15kg, and im not into the whole ice scene.

it had the orginal dash strips with the billabong sticker on it which i didnt like, i had some carbon sheet laying around so put that on, including the hazard button panel.

14136890a6646824703l.jpg

it looks half decent in the pictures, but in reality you could tell it was fake carbon and im not into cheap halfords look. so off came the carbon with a heat gun and sanded ready for paint.

sanded with P800 wet and dry

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/shoponlinegolf/SL370412.jpg

5-6 thin coats of plastic primer

sand with p1000 paper to achieve a key for paint

i had a nearly full can of Mitsubishi satellite silver in the garage which i have used on a previous project so decided to save some money and use that.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/shoponlinegolf/SL370411.jpg

couple of thin coats of paint, followed by a light sand with P1200 paper and 2 coats of laquar.

end result:

SL370432.jpg

Quite happy! :approve:

C

clvs2222

i didnt do nothing to the car for a few weeks then, due to christmas and being skint.

i then decided to sort the interior out.

now, one thing i always fancied was a roll cage, i like the 'track' look and roughness off it. so when i saw the most famous cage on CS come up for sale, i had to have it. and yes if you dont know what im talking about, i bought russ' sold cage.

Pix

SL370427.jpg

SL370430.jpg

SL370431.jpg

rather tight fit with the sunroof! :rasp: but we got it in after 3 hours!!!!

SL370437.jpg

If anyones wondering, that rear strut brace is a omp one which iv stripped back and sprayed black. dont think i like it though. what you rekon?

installed some Carbon fibre fire extinguishers. wanted to put them on the bage somehow but couldnt figure how to do it without either scrathing it or drilling holes in it.

next on the to do list is decide what im doing with the rear floor?!?

Renaultsport 220T
That cage looks very far forward. It looks like it is in line with where the side of ur head would be, and not the b pillars.

I'd be fitting huge amounts of padding to those uprights. Cos without you are looking at serious brain damage with a side impact, and no crash hat on.

C

clvs2222

^^in reply to above
As i havent fitted bucket seats in yet it does seem that way. the seats in the pictures are all the way back on the runners. its not normally like that and it may not look like but the cage is adjacent to the b pillers.

the cage looks completely wrong... as Steve said its further forward than the B pillars without question, all the pics show that clear as day. Are you sure its mounted in the correct places at the back?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Are those extinguishers for show? Can't see how you'd get to those from inside the car without whacking your head on the bars of the cage

C

clvs2222

my advicd is forward planning both to save time and money

thanx for the good advice. think its going to be a trial and error aproach becuase im always changing my mind on what i think looks good.

next to do;

wheels - any good sugestions? something different?
coilovers - thinking either blistein or H&R

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL! that cage is completely on the piss!

The rear interior panels need to come out so that you can mount it on the metal rather than the plastic. you can see in the pictures that its tilted forward at the top.

C

clvs2222

spending the day tromorrow fixing it, will post pics when complete to satify you load.

regarding the "fire beaters", they are bolted in, so no worries about them. but doubt they will be staying there very long anyway.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
spending the day tromorrow fixing it, will post pics when complete to satify you load.

regarding the "fire beaters", they are bolted in, so no worries about them. but doubt they will be staying there very long anyway.

How do you plan on using them in an emergency???

C

clvs2222

How do you plan on using them in an emergency???

the holders are bolted in, the actually hand held units arent, they are clipped in and fully secure.

quick update, the car is currenty in bits!! lol