ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project DCI 100

Clio 172
Bought this as a daily hack, but after 200 miles I feel its too good to drive in to the ground. Thought I'd do a thread as I hope it to be a bit different from a cup track car lol. Plans are to tidy up and just get it looking better without going ott.

The cars engine is sweet, just going to give it a service and clean the bay. Body work wise, its tidy, few little scuffs and dents but nothing major. Going to sort them once I get round to it, also mite colour code the bump strips not sure yet.

My first and biggest job us the interior, its rank. Front seats are fine, with no rips ect, dash is in good condition. It's the rear seats, had dogs and never ever been cleaned. The smell makes me feel sick, the carpet in the back is the same. So full interior change and going to change the steering wheel for a sport one and hopefully get cc working too. Oh and change the dash light colour.

Here she is, updates soon.

IMG_20160110_163105739_zpsbxblyz81.jpg

Thanks gaz

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love dci 100's. I had a new one as a company car back in 2005.

Very underrated I reckon.

Clio 172
Well happy with it, really quick for a 1.5 diesel that does 60mpg. Main thing I'm impressed with is how quiet it is for a diesel, no diesel knock or smoke. Only let down is you do need to use the gears.

Clio 172
Bit of an update, being driving the car for a while now and a part from the driver's door failing to open every now and again, the cars been faultless.

I noticed the carpets were wet, plus headlining, wet + dog smell made the smell 10x worse. One leak was coming from the bung in the tailgate, the other was the sunroof. So I totally stripped the interior with all old bits going to the tip. I removed and cleaned headlining

When I stripped car down I found out that some high end genius engineer type had tried to sort the leak before, by............ Drilling holes in the floor............. The joys of buying old cars. So I cleaned up holes filled them with liquid metal, as I didn't have time to weld. Worked really well tbf! Plus removed sunroof, cleaned up and resealed and now water tight.

IMG_20160127_155747677_HDR_zpsbvbbccr0.jpg

IMG_20160127_155753173_HDR_zpsob7gxvgc.jpg

IMG_20160127_155800070_zpsqex1uev0.jpg

And filled

IMG_20160127_164057426_HDR_zpsxexfjnsm.jpg

One leaky roof

IMG_20160127_210748622_HDR_zpsikxhkqyg.jpg

As I started to strip it I realised just what a mess the car was in, the pics don't do it justice as it doesn't pick up all the mess. The smell was awful, it was making me sick.

IMG-20160123-WA0006_zpsgph1iuwq.jpg

IMG_20160117_154828006_zpsfeohrnwa.jpg

IMG_20160123_214225650_zpsxz6bhlfm.jpg

I don't know how folk let cars get in such a mess, you wouldn't let your house get that bad............ Your do they lol. Once it was all removed I fitted a full 172 interior, including seat belts, steering wheel and door cards. 1 thing I am going to change is the standard speakers as they are awful, I felt like a young boy racer going in to halfords wanting speakers lol. Got some decent ones and a decent head unit, looking forward to actually being able to turn my volume up haha.

Pics of new interior, its mint, it creaks a bit and has a bit of movement in them, is this normal? Either way it now smells nice and its really really clean.

IMG_20151026_153925460_zps84pr3ops.jpg

Thanks gaz