ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Daily

Clio mk2
Should get xenons! Best mod I ever did on my replica. Cars awesome though.
Btw..
When you selling me the FKs :wink: haha. Searching everywhere for 'em!

Decided against them. £60 for brand new black inserts or 100 plus just for second hand xenons. Granted they do look smart though!

Haha. Never getting rid of these. Im sure some pop up for sale now and then but seem to be quite popular when they do.

Clio mk2
Right start of the winter mega clean last weekend. F this rain now.
Using some of the new products I've ordered on CYC and learning the DA.

After a foam and wash. Not bad..

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

Next up wheels. Little bit of this.
IMG_3243.jpg

Then main is this.
IMG_3242.jpg

And some of this on the tyres. Pretty decent even if its more a 'show' finish.
IMG_3250.jpg

Then onto claying. Only the second time I've done this. Practiced briefly in the summer but didn't do much as didn't get chance.
This time did the full car. Amazing how much stuff it picks up. Obviosuly there was nothing on the bits that have been replaced /sprayed recently but the drivers side door/boot panel was... disgusting lol. I'll be doing this a another time in Spring to hopefully pick up the final layer of muck. Also yes the bar should have been folded better.

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

More to come..

Clio mk2
Carrying on with the clean...

When the tyres were done stuck some of this on. Really rate this.
IMG_3285.jpg

Nexttt. Seen very good reviews online for this so forked out seeing as I want to protect the Rotas as much as poss. Wish I got this before I stuck them on the car though. Hindsight. Didn't put much on but still used half the bottle :/ Expensive stuff so better be worth it.
IMG_3251.jpg

After that stuck a 1st wave of sealant then onto the PB.
wheel_seal_shine.jpg

PoorboysWorldWheelSe1.jpg

Window time. New products I've never used before. This wasn't cheap either so intersting how this lasts.
IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

Initial reaction was = wow. The glass seemed so clear but reflected everything when the sun hit. Stunning. Bit odd with the polish on the windows for a start but using the products as a set certainly removed some muck that I hadn't realised was there. You dont get much in the small bottles though. See it how it holds up over winter.

Last few days the beading on the windows has been next level.

Then Autosol'd the 'zaust and backbox. No pics to accompany this, sozzers. Everyone knows AS is the bees.

Next morning, sunny again, woo, bodywork time. Glad it wasn't windy.

Not bad considering its only had a wash on it.
IMG_3261.jpg

Menzerna kit time.
IMG_3264.jpg

Black Gold 182
Great progress here mate! Let me know how you find the menzerna products was looking to try these out :wink:

Clio mk2
Great progress here mate! Let me know how you find the menzerna products was looking to try these out :wink:

Get them! I'm fairly new to using the Polisher/these products and have a lot to learn but they've given amazing results.
I'm still a bit wary of the 400 and using the hard pads as I dont want to screw the paint up, but using it lightly and at a slower speed has taken out loads of swirls, minor scratches and helped to give a smoother finish overall with the help of the other products. I'm sure with more practice and watching some tuts on YT I can really dig some more out.
The 'fling' takes some getting used too as the gloss stages seemed to do it a lot more, but once the 'finish' and 'final finish' goes on, it produced a depth I've never seen before.
I'm away this weekend but will get the next stage online soon with some pics of the final result [emoji6]

Black Gold 182
Get them! I'm fairly new to using the Polisher/these products and have a lot to learn but they've given amazing results.
I'm still a bit wary of the 400 and using the hard pads as I dont want to screw the paint up, but using it lightly and at a slower speed has taken out loads of swirls, minor scratches and helped to give a smoother finish overall with the help of the other products. I'm sure with more practice and watching some tuts on YT I can really dig some more out.
The 'fling' takes some getting used too as the gloss stages seemed to do it a lot more, but once the 'finish' and 'final finish' goes on, it produced a depth I've never seen before.
I'm away this weekend but will get the next stage online soon with some pics of the final result [emoji6]
Epic mate! Thanks for the feedback deffo need get me some of these :wink:

Clio mk2
Reet last update for a while.

The DA I bought that I'm using for the next few steps.
IMG_3292.jpg

After the white pad/400. As said above did this quite light and not overly fast as still learning the DA. Took a couple of scratches off here and there.
Swirl marks are hard to get in pictures so nothing to show before/after for them.

IMG_3268.jpg

Then onto the yellow/2400. Only a smount of this. Then the 3500 with a yellow (unsure if too hard for that stage..?) then the black waffle with the final finish. As soon as you hit the last 2 the gloss is amazing. The Super Finish is on a whole new level of awesome.

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

Onto the wax paste stuff. Not half bad stuff once you get used to it.

IMG_3283.jpg

Last up the sealant. Left for 30 mins then easy wipe off.

IMG_3281.jpg

Some of this on the plastics. Have some new look trim gel which I prefer but using bits up as per.

IMG_3280.jpg

This on the lights, front/back.
IMG_3286.jpg

Finally finally finally, this. Smells so good!

IMG_3288.jpg

So that's that!
IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

Swapped the mats out for the bog standard ones seeing as the weather is now sh*t and will be giving the car a full vacuum/seat clean/interior clean in the upcoming weeks.

22398416359_e920a8f33a_b.jpg
Clio 7 by Simon Hubbert

Clio mk2
Insurance was due this week. Crazy renewal and crazy quotes on the car, was looking at around £800 for brand new quotes with 3 years no claim. Was getting cheaper quotes to insure a 182...:grimacing:

But in the end, managed to get it just over £500 (Multi with Admiral) for both the Clio and 206. Alloys weren't added on the Clio, I did ask them too a while back, but this didnt cost any extra, bonus! Really big saving over last year so mega pleased with this. A lot was knocked off getting rid of all the named drivers.

Listerine & Poledo
Insurance was due this week. Crazy renewal and crazy quotes on the car, was looking at around £800 for brand new quotes with 3 years no claim. Was getting cheaper quotes to insure a 182...:grimacing:

Yep, but you kids wont believe us when we tell you that though.

Clio mk2
Yep, but you kids wont believe us when we tell you that though.

Bit of a sweeping statement as that won't work for everyone. Last year I tried a 182 and was around £900 alone.
But I'm wondering due to being 25 next month the price has come down a fair chunk so it's looking like I'll 'upgrade' later this year as won't be too much more. Surprised me though as thought it would be a lot more!

Listerine & Poledo
Bit of a sweeping statement as that won't work for everyone. Last year I tried a 182 and was around £900 alone.
But I'm wondering due to being 25 next month the price has come down a fair chunk so it's looking like I'll 'upgrade' later this year as won't be too much more. Surprised me though as thought it would be a lot more!
It is the truth in more cases than not.

Age isn't as big a issue for quotes as it was, say, 20 years ago, but I'd imagine it is stil la thing, yes.
At least you can keep this one and use it as a spares box for a 1*2... well, body and interior wise anyway

If you do decide on getting a 182 or changing your car I'd be interested in buying it (as it is with mods). Keep me in mind (Y)

Clio mk2
If you do decide on getting a 182 or changing your car I'd be interested in buying it (as it is with mods). Keep me in mind (Y)

Won't be anytime soon but if your in no rush and still interested in a few months I'll shout :)

Clio mk2
Finally started doing some trim this weekend - pillars/centre light. Came out pretty well. Also tidied up the dash cam wires so they now run neat behind the pillar.

If anyone has any guidance on how the hell to tackle the sun visors or the gear gaitor please shout :)

Next on the shopping list. New black, back badge as the coating seems to have come off and new french flag stickers for the grill as they're faded bigtime.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

Clio 1.5 DCi
Finally started doing some trim this weekend - pillars/centre light. Came out pretty well. Also tidied up the dash cam wires so they now run neat behind the pillar.

If anyone has any guidance on how the hell to tackle the sun visors or the gear gaitor please shout :smile:

Next on the shopping list. New black, back badge as the coating seems to have come off and new french flag stickers for the grill as they're faded bigtime.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg
Hi, is the material your using the same or a close match to the alcantra on the seats? Really want to know this as my roof is leaking and I'm going to re-seal it from the inside with the roof lining off so would be a good time to re-trim it. Thanks.

Clio mk2
Hi, is the material your using the same or a close match to the alcantra on the seats? Really want to know this as my roof is leaking and I'm going to re-seal it from the inside with the roof lining off so would be a good time to re-trim it. Thanks.

It's pretty similar, just a tad darker but same sort of material. Just less worn! It was on offer from eBay a while back. Loads around.
I plan doing the roof as well one day but need some more practice first. Can imagine it's a little tricky due to the size.

Clio 1.5 DCi
Yea there's load of different ones on eBay but your the only recent person to have tried and tested some so would be good first hand knowledge of how it looks irl rather than keep on randomly buying some hoping it matches lol. Also even if it's an old link post the one you used for this or the company name on eBay as it would save on a lot of time and hassle. Cheers.

Clio mk2
Yea there's load of different ones on eBay but your the only recent person to have tried and tested some so would be good first hand knowledge of how it looks irl rather than keep on randomly buying some hoping it matches lol. Also even if it's an old link post the one you used for this or the company name on eBay as it would save on a lot of time and hassle. Cheers.
PM'd :)

Clio mk2
Think I had a black car somewhere :/

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

MOT done. Passed ok, couple of advisories - suspension arm rubber bushes deteriorated.

Front lowered again a touch. Pretty much spot on now.

IMG_3801.jpg

1mm camber shims to the back. Doesn't scrub at all now on the tyres. Feels a lot better.

Befre/After
camber.jpg

camber1.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

Now just need to get it all finished for the summer!

Clio mk2
Started on the passenger visor this weekend. It's going quite well, so far. Now just need to put it all back together. Somehow. :nomouth:

Visors split, trimmed and platics bits sprayed (first time ever spraying). Waiting for the paint to dry then onto lacquer. Did have it pretty damn good the first time but then managed to drop it and chip it. Ffs! Just need to do the right hand side plastic bit, and blacken up that screw also.

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

Clio mk2
Spent a vast majority of this weekend prising more bits out the interior, spraying and trimming parts. Made a nice long list of things to do also. Never ending project..

2 back strips trimmed and the passenger seatbelt bit (which was a right cu**). I'll try and tackle the drivers side another weekend. Few of the clips in the headliner done too.
IMG_3833.jpg

GOPR0108.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-13%20at%2020.48.46.png

Starting on the grab handle, random bit on the back and a couple of cover clips for the seatbelts. All good practice with spraying.
IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Nothing is going to be left alone.
IMG_3836.jpg

More bits coming off for trimming.
IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

Plan is to spray these bits n bobs.
IMG_3839.jpg

And the visor all stuck together. Pretty decent for a first attempt although doesn't work quite as well as it did.. Clip snapped inside so doesnt hold it together quite right, so when flipping it it has to be held firmly else itll prise apart. Ah well, f passengers :) Hopefully the drivers side will be a bit easier now I've learnt what to do.
IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

Clio mk2
Bottom part of the stereo done. Need to work out how to sort the heater area as parts of it have flaked off. Not sure what to do there.

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

Also have 3 other handles, no idea how, lying around so took one apart and gonna try and spray this. See how it turns out.
IMG_3845.jpg

And yet another bit that's going to get some fabric love.
IMG_3844.jpg

Clio mk2
Steering wheel top done. Tidied the bit poking out slightly. Will be going over any crappy bits that come unstuck at the end.
IMG_3873.jpg

And the drivers side, er, whatever you call it. Doing the other tomorrow.
IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

Ignore the rain. One more coat to do. Turned out good so far. Just need to get some sandpaper and do it 'properly' for the other bits.
IMG_3876.jpg

Also, sneak peak... :grin:
IMG_3872.jpg

Clio mk2
Terrible pic quality alert..

Done the drivers side -
IMG_3913.jpg

Door handles and this bit all laq'd up. Door handles to fit at later date when the other one is done. Look pretty smart. Interior is coming on well now. Soon time for the headliner...:neutral:
IMG_3912.jpg

Ready for malton tomorrow.
IMG_3914.jpg

Clio mk2
Next 2-3 weeks should finally see some progress!

Mocked up a quick logo for a local car repair/spray company (who did some work previously on the Clio a while back) so getting a decent deal on the next bits of work I want doing. Not far away at all which is a major bonus.

For anyone interested in the logo...
logo%20bbr.jpg

12562448_10153809008730460_1919551105_o.jpg

Started doing the drivers side sun visor. This one should actually work properly as the clips didnt snap when splitting it apart.
IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

And done the brows on the headlights to be fitted.. Re-did one as had a few bubbles/wasn't quite spot on.
IMG_4001.jpg

The list of things to do still keeps getting bigger :/

Clio mk2
Big write up, firefox crashes, c*nt.

Once again.

Hoping to book the car in the bodyshop from Friday this next week, but they never got back to me last week to confirm, so fingers crossed..

New sidelights fitted as one died. Didn't last very long. Will get a pic at night one day.
IMG_3953.jpg

Decided I'm gonna retrim the fabric parts of the door cards. The back 2 are alright but the front 2 are faded. Pics are a bit meh and dont show it that well but will definately be an improvement. Retrimmed an old part from the old door cards I've still got lying around.
IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

Sun decided to make it's first apperance in Hull and I've realised there's a lot of swirl marks around the car. So looks like one weekend the DA will be coming back out for a full going over. Black is such a hate/love colour :car:🔨

Handles finished. Did start other interior bits but have them too difficult so letting the bodyshop do them.
IMG_4036.jpg

Visors finished, and headliner clips finished off. Really pleased with how the drivers side came out. Still a b**ch to do.
IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

And onto the wheels. Whistler KR1s. ET20 8J. Have to run big spacers with the Grids and the fronts still aren't out as much as I'd like so decided to get some different ones for the summer. Plus every man and his dog seems to have Grids 😧 but they do look good! They'll be going back on before winter if I still have her.
Big clean up. Now caked in Wheel Sealant. The only thing I dislike with these is the amount of stretch on the tyres, so when they're eventually fitted I'll see how they perform and possibly get some other tyres. At the end of the day it isn't going to be thrashed around or track'd, it's a only a 1.1 so stretched wouldn't be a problem, just personal preference. On my 206 the tyres are only slightly stretched/lower profile which is perfect so might do the same with these. Will see how they fit first, needs to have a bit of arch work at the back. On the list for the bodyshop!

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

How long before these get pinched ? :rage:
IMG_4031.jpg

Reactions: Gus
  Clio mk2
Getting the wheels fitted tomorrow. Test fitted this weekend. Spacers need to come off the back, possible that the fronts will need to be swapped to 20mm. Also cleaned the arches this side whilst the wheels were off...:neutral:.. just a tad mucky!

Also clayed the car and brought the DA out again using the Super Finish from Menzerna. Got a surprising number of swirls out, bloody awesome stuff. Does need another go all over and in certain sections will need a harder cut. Hoping to spend a full day this weekend doing that ready for the shows in the next few months.

Crossing everything, it should be going into the bodyshop next week. Argh.

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

Sits a tad high above, suspension will be sorted/tweaked when all is fitted and arch lips smoothed off.

Clio mk2
Looks bloody epic this! Love the suede im doing bits myself. Dont fancy doing sun visers tho .

Cheers fella, they're a bit tricky! But after doing one the other was far easier. It's just trying to get it as neat as possible and not breaking the clip inside 😅

Headliner is now out ready to be fabric'd. Shame I dont have enough lol. Buying more this weekend. 1 week till Modnats/2 for PFCS. This ain't gonna be done in time :confused:
20mm spacers going back on the front wheels monday and ringing up the bodyshop to try and get it in Tuesday onwards. Who knows..

IMG_4257.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers fella, they're a bit tricky! But after doing one the other was far easier. It's just trying to get it as neat as possible and not breaking the clip inside 😅

Headliner is now out ready to be fabric'd. Shame I dont have enough lol. Buying more this weekend. 1 week till Modnats/2 for PFCS. This ain't gonna be done in time :confused:
20mm spacers going back on the front wheels monday and ringing up the bodyshop to try and get it in Tuesday onwards. Who knows..

IMG_4257.jpg
Will send me a link of the fabric ur using as mines black and want a closer oem colour for the roof

Colour im using atm
fa716b3ce8f7b26d995f16199dbdd071.jpg