ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 182

FULL FAT 182
March 2010

After spending a few evenings looking at Pistonheads, Autotrader and Ebay I finally found a mint Black Gold 182 with cup packs on Autotrader from as dealer in Sevenoaks Kent. Due the asking price which I thought was a bargain I put a deposit down over the phone.
With two owners and on 12k on the clock and garaged from new I just had to have it, but I would need to get the cambelt and aux belt replaced due to the age.
Once I viewed the car I decided to part exchange my Lupo GTI on the spot, dealer don’t necessarily give good prices on part exchanges but I was more than happy with the offer as it only left me £400 short from what I could get privately.

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

April 2010

First thing I wanted to do it get the cam/Aux belt replaced at Rentech, the service was second to none and well worth the drive. I saw Deb’s liquid yellow V6 down there, looking quite smart.

Now the cambelt was sorted I booked the car into Hayes engineering in Erith (Kent) to see if it was giving out good power, managed to get 167.1 bhp ( At the Flywheel) and around 150 lbs/ft Torque.

030.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

July 2010
After going on about not modifying the car I decided to go against my word and buy an ITG Maxogen as I was getting slightly bored with the stock filter and tempted by the acclaimed bhp gains. Probably about 2bhp in all honesty.

093.jpg

099.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

September 2010

Due to not being a massive fan of the standard seats I decided to replace them with a pair of Recaro Treadlines and what a difference they made, the only ball ache was getting the airbag and service light to go out. But 40 pound later and a trip to maplins it was sorted.

Im looking at getting the ITG Maxogen replaced with the JMS RS2 Manifold come the end of Feb this year.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

November 2010

Now with the Maxogen fitted I was on the lookout for a Scorpion RS192 cat back exhaust to compliment the air filter, not willing to pay £400 notes for a new one I was fortunate to get a second hand one from the forum for half the price. I managed to get the Exhaust fitted at Hayes Engineering and got it on the rollers to see if it gave any gains with the air filter.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

109.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

December 2010

As it stands now after being detailed with the Si tow eye added.

IMG_0045-1.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0051-1.jpg

IMG_0053-1.jpg

IMG_0055-1.jpg

IMG_0062-1.jpg

IMG_0060-1.jpg

IMG_0059-1.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

BMW F21 125d
Mint, as usual the Recaro's make it so much. 5.7bhp from an exahust claimed to give 10bhp and what was made up to be the best IK available... Shockingly true.
(I've the RS192 too btw!).

Clio 182 2005
Lol i went with the Rs192 aswell, im just happy that it made a difference on paper !

FULL FAT 182
Lol i went with the Rs192 aswell, im just happy that it made a difference on paper !

I just think there the best exhaust out there, being that im getting on a bit i dont like loud exhausts. The fit was quite good with the aid of new hangers.

FULL FAT 182
Mint, as usual the Recaro's make it so much. 5.7bhp from an exahust claimed to give 10bhp and what was made up to be the best IK available... Shockingly true.
(I've the RS192 too btw!).

Aclaimed Bhp figures from the modifications are just a joke, according to scorpion and ITG i should have around 190 bhp lol,

but i cant wait to get the RS2 Manifold fitted, should make it 191 bhp with a bit of luck.

Clio 182 2005
hmmm maybe why mine sits a bit low on the back ive tried everything to get the pipes sitting flush in the bumper. How much was new hangers? The way the car delivers power especially a stronger bottom end pull is very noticeable i think with a rs192 over standard.

FULL FAT 182
hmmm maybe why mine sits a bit low on the back ive tried everything to get the pipes sitting flush in the bumper. How much was new hangers? The way the car delivers power especially a stronger bottom end pull is very noticeable i think with a rs192 over standard.

I got some from ebay in the end for around 11 pound i think, but when i was getting it fitted they decided to use a couple of cableties to align the tailpipes as it was sitting to the left.

Clio 182 2005
I got some from ebay in the end for around 11 pound i think, but when i was getting it fitted they decided to use a couple of cableties to align the tailpipes as it was sitting to the left.
Found them mate is it the same mount for both sides?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Least that roller puts out realistic figures, lovely car.

Now you have a Maxogen I wouldn't bother changing it, they have just become less popular due to the stupid amount of money they cost. You're not gunna see anymore gains from a V6 box and ITG so unless you wanna free up some cash I would just keep it on if I were you. I would however put matched inlets, the 182 cat mod and some shocks/coilovers/springs on your to do list :D

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I love this the best project 4 me!! I'm looking for a mint black 182 atm and love this one!! Keep updating!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That seems quite a low power reading even for a standard car. Atleast you gained something though, I've heard the maxogens in some cases can reduce power, possibly to do with where you mount the CAF?

I like the idea of the JMS inlet set up, it sounds very good and is a neat bit of kit. I can't wait to see the results from the group buy's as that will make it more certain of the average power gains.

I bet with 12k miles on it was barely ran in, might be worth giving it a bit of jip and you may release somemore horses :)

FULL FAT 182
That seems quite a low power reading even for a standard car. Atleast you gained something though, I've heard the maxogens in some cases can reduce power, possibly to do with where you mount the CAF?

I like the idea of the JMS inlet set up, it sounds very good and is a neat bit of kit. I can't wait to see the results from the group buy's as that will make it more certain of the average power gains.

I bet with 12k miles on it was barely ran in, might be worth giving it a bit of jip and you may release somemore horses :)

Chris i think the car needs to be run in first, the F4R engine usually starts to open up around the 30k mark. But it pulls very well and ive opened it up on th motorway and it shifts, i might see if i can get it on the rollers and see what difference it makes with the standard airbox. The Maxogen does'nt need a CAF so ive been told by ITG but i removed the Acoustic valve as advised.

Im looking at getting the JMS rs2 Manifold fitted at the end of February and mapped a few days later :)

FULL FAT 182
I love this the best project 4 me!! I'm looking for a mint black 182 atm and love this one!! Keep updating!

I will do Cerrone, im fitting new discs all round come the weekend if my uncles garage is free as he's got a pit and a hydrolic lift.

Brembo High Carbon discs with DS2500 Pads (Front)
And standards renaults rear discs and pads with new bearings and ABS rings

Might be tempted to paint the calipers matte black if ive got time.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
U seem to have a good taste! I would love the seats in mine! They are ace iv always liked them but in the black 182 looks so nice!! Will defo put pics up when I get mine! Just want the right one to come up! Iv been looking for 2months so far but most black 182's have over 40k which is to much for me!! And I want it standard! I'm a bit fussy!

Actually a totally accurate figure, possibly 1-2 less than normal - but a realistic reading non the less, especially for such a low mileage engine. They need at least 60k to reach their full potential in my experience.

340i
From what ive seen the 1*2's make better power with more miles / abuse...

My pretty much standard 172 (exhaust, decat, remap, matched inlet/plenum) was 187.4BHP / 168ftlb at RStuning when it covered 88,000 miles

Clio 182
Very nice keep up the good work.
Your 182 has nearly the same reg as mine except the last letter

FULL FAT 182
From what ive seen the 1*2's make better power with more miles / abuse...

My pretty much standard 172 (exhaust, decat, remap, matched inlet/plenum) was 187.4BHP / 168ftlb at RStuning when it covered 88,000 miles

Please not i havent had the car mapped to suit the modifications, i've just put a deposit for the RS2 Manifold :)

Silver surfer
Nice looking project :cool: trying to decide what to do with mine at the moment. Shall be keeping an eye on this one

FULL FAT 182
Just a quick update, i have just got a de cat for the RS192 system and the powerflex kit for the dogbone mount. Just trying to get prepaired for the RS2 Manifold that im hoping to get fitted in a months time.

IMG_0092.jpg

Last edited:
  FULL FAT 182
I know it's been a while since i last updated my thread but im just getting some parts before i get the rs2 manifold fitted.

Aluminium Strut top covers
Mocal Oil catch tank
Shortshift pin
Forge Alloy header tank
Toyo R888

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0105-1.jpg

IMG_0106-2.jpg

IMG_0101-2.jpg

IMG_0099-2.jpg

200 Gordini
This is going to be a good project to follow!

Them seats are the dogs ;) Maybe they will hug me again someday soon :D

FULL FAT 182
Fingers crossed i should have the manifold fitted soon, its been a long wait but im sure it will be worth it

FULL FAT 182
I have decided to go for the Black base manifold with orange anodised aluminium as this will look similar to the AST colour.

Im also getting the strut top cover anodised orange (poor man's top mounts lol)

Here is an ideal what the manifold should look like

rs2manifold.png

looking good mate im from near your ways dartford i got a silver 172 02 plate maybe go for a little meet oned day pm me mate