ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Products

Clio 220 Trophy
All,
Just a quick question. What is the best polishing product to get rid of some swirls and light blemishes and the best products to really being back colour depth and shine!

Any advice would be very very appreciated!

What do you all use?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
All,
Just a quick question. What is the best polishing product to get rid of some swirls and light blemishes and the best products to really being back colour depth and shine!

Any advice would be very very appreciated!

What do you all use?

Most of us use - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/search.php?do=process ;) (Thats a lie, hardly anyone bothers)

But seriously, many many threads on here about whats best etc etc etc, it all comes down to personal choice, Some will like the highstreet Brands Like Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and topped off with Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection (Both from Halfords) Others will like the more bespoke products from places like I4Detailing / Polished Bliss etc.

Much of what you choose will depend on your budget and application process (By hand or By Dual Action / Rotary)?

Clio 220 Trophy
I will be using my hands to polish wax etc...

Money dosent really matter as long as i get the best result from the product.

But i do want a really good wax & polish to get the best results?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
removing swirls / scratches by hand is achievable but very hard work and time consuming. pad and compound will vary dependant on the condition of the paint. And this will all be a bit of a waste of time if your methods for washing and maintaining are not great as this will incur further swirls and scratches. There is a guide at the top of this section that is very helpful.

IMO may be best to start of with Autoglym SRP and either EGP or HD wax all available from halfords to get the finish looking good and protected. SRP has minor abrasives but fills quite well and leaves a good finish, the other will protect this finish

Black Sheep
I was in the exact same position as you mate, a few months back. If you look at my threads there is a lot of the answers you need that were given to me by the guys on here who guided me in the right direction I have done a couple of small write ups for beginners also hope its of use.

Black Sheep
I was in the exact same position as you mate, a few months back. If you look at my threads there is a lot of the answers you need that were given to me by the guys on here who guided me in the right direction I have done a couple of small write ups for beginners also hope its of use. If you look at my threads in the detailing section i go from complete beginner not wanting to spend any money and doing everything by hand. To detailing geek with lighter wallet but much better looking car.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Is there a product that is slightly more cutting than srp that will get some of the worse marks out?