ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Products to use after chipsaway repair?

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Had bumper scuff and two door edges repaired this morning. Guy said dont wash it for 3 days and dont wax it for 3 months. Well im selling my car so ill need to have it looking good for potential buyers, and i can't wax half of the bumper cos it'll look obvious.
Any ideas/recommendations on products i can use?

106 GTi
Meguairs New Car Glaze #5 or Show Car Glaze #7, will wash off in the first shower but will look great for potential buyers.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Cheers rich i need a glaze to use anyway ready for the trophy.
Im on my second coat of EGP was going to wax over the top after the next coat this weekend ready to sell. Should i avoid the areas with the EGP and use the glaze on the areas, or strip it all with paint cleaner and use the glaze all over, or can i use the glaze over the EGP on the whole car but just glaze on the areas??
Cheers

106 GTi
I would treat the rest of the car as normal, and only use the Glaze on the painted area.

Though if you have time you could use the 5 or 7 all over and then just wax the non painted areas if you liked.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh Rich, on the subject of glazes can you use it after any detailing stage? I have experimented before sealant, after sealant, and after wax before applying another layer... all seems to have worked ok in terms of retaining protection whilst improving looks.

Am I right, from your experience?

106 GTi
Glazes should really always go before a wax.

As long as it is a pure Glaze it can be used after a sealant and before a wax. If a glaze is used before a selant it may comprmise the sealsnt bonding and durability and before certain sealants such as Klasse SG and AG EGP is a big no no.

Also there is obviously no point using a glaze before a polish.

Then of course there is the proper use of some glazes such as Megs 7 where it is used as the last product at a show for 'ultimate bling' ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Glazes should really always go before a wax.

As long as it is a pure Glaze it can be used after a sealant and before a wax. If a glaze is used before a selant it may comprmise the sealsnt bonding and durability and before certain sealants such as Klasse SG and AG EGP is a big no no.

Also there is obviously no point using a glaze before a polish.

Then of course there is the proper use of some glazes such as Megs 7 where it is used as the last product at a show for 'ultimate bling' ;)

Cheers for that... I am resisting buying any new products for my car for a while, then going to get some Onyx after your recommendation Rich, also some Megs 7 as everyone raves about it and also the Sonus Detail Spray.. can't remember the one, but the one that is meant to be good for all combos and systems... psh who invents these procut names!!

lol. Car detailing is just something I do to relax. When things start to get on top of me at work, women trouble, problems with mates etc I love to just spend a couple of hours on a sunday afternoon cleaning the car. Sounds sad but its one time when I can forget everything in the world and all the people in it. The only thing that matters is the car, and when I finish it I feel so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Maybe we would have gfs if we spent less time with our cars??

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. Car detailing is just something I do to relax. When things start to get on top of me at work, women trouble, problems with mates etc I love to just spend a couple of hours on a sunday afternoon cleaning the car. Sounds sad but its one time when I can forget everything in the world and all the people in it. The only thing that matters is the car, and when I finish it I feel so much better.

Totally agree mate. Although really pisses me off after you do it then it rains... I like to have a few hours of having it pristine at least!

Maybe we would have gfs if we spent less time with our cars??

I prob spend a max of 1 hour on washes most weekends, and wax once a month which takes 2 hours = Plenty of time to get some flange!! :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha...yeh I was only messing. Although I spend more than an hour a weekend. That isn't even me being fussy though, black just takes longer as you have to be so careful.

My dad's silver Boxster S on the other hand, don't even need to dry it properly and looks mint. I think a metallic grey next time for me...

Black Gold with cup packs

I totally agree, It is prety sad