ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probs with rear shocks

clio sport 182
Hi
anybody had any probs with rear shocks on 182 any ideas of pricing to replace them:S :dapprove:

yes...think plenty of people on here have had probs. i got rear right replaced...a seal at the top of the shock had broke, resulting in fluid escaping and a 'bottoming-out' sound coming from it every time i went over a bump. got it replaced under warranty though. i wuld imagine it would problably cost in the region of £80 or so to get a new one if oyu are out of warranty.

Liquid yellow 182
yes...think plenty of people on here have had probs. i got rear right replaced...a seal at the top of the shock had broke, resulting in fluid escaping and a 'bottoming-out' sound coming from it every time i went over a bump. got it replaced under warranty though. i wuld imagine it would problably cost in the region of £80 or so to get a new one if oyu are out of warranty.

£53 ish iirc. really easy to fit - one bolt and one nut.

172 Cup
Yea, they're s**t. I had to replace one of mine. Keep checking the car parts for sale section. I paid £50 for 2 a while back.

Yep common problem. Same happened to mine, got them replaced under warranty. The garage said they are only covered for 12months as any longer is classed as 'wear and tear' I put my foot down and eventually they sorted it.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Cliovicky has the same problem! Car thuds over bumps, and feels pretty 'stiff' she says? once she took her hand off of my crotch i told her it was a leaking strut.........

so vicky is on the lookout for a rear strut too :) GSF dont seem to list them, so i will continue searching. Ta all