ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probs burning avi to dvd with nero, help!?

Clio 182 FF & Cups
Hi all

Got some avi files I want to put on dvd so they can be watched on a normal dvd player. I've got nero 7 but every time I run the conversion and burn process then watch it back the sound goes out of synch with the picture, anybody got any ideas?? Also if I watch the original clip through the nero media player the same happens but if I watch it through windows media player it's ok. Getting on my nerves now as I laid out £80 for a burner and discs so I could get my avi files onto dvd. Any help would be appreciated.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like 172.com says if your dvd player will play divx just burn as data dvd's . The problem could just be with the version of nero your using . Try version 6 of nero as there are supposed to be a few problems with version 7 . Version 6 works perfect for me everytime :)

Clio 182 FF & Cups
its a sony dav sc6 dvd player but i'm not sure if it'll play avi's or not. Probably not given it's a sony. Wanted to pass the discs around to friends as well so i'd rather be able to burn them to full dvd

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Get winavi dvd convertor , make into dvd's then burn em with nero .Or dvd santa .Both do the same job .

Clio 182 FF & Cups
just looked at the spec of my nero and it says demo version, could this be the problem. I've also tried a couple of other encryption programs and suffered similar problems, wonder if it's a problem with my laptop??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dvd santa converts to dvd and burns . Pm me your e mail address if you want a copy . No hotmail , yahoo or googlemail though cos it won't allow them .

What version of nero is it exactly ? Version 7. ??????

Clio 182 FF & Cups
cheers mrbillyuk but i've only got a hotmail account apart from a work email but i'd get shafted for using that. just downloading avi2dvd so i'll give that a go.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Whats the exact version of your nero and i might have something to make it a full version ;)

Winavi dvd convertor and dvd santa are the best really . Some of the other programs can take hours to convert and the quality isn't always that good .

This a great little program that I use. It's clean and simple and burns the converted files straight to disk. Basically you drag the AVI straight in, pop a disk in your drive, come back later and your DVD is burned and ready. I used it a lot for Lost & Prison Break to name two.

Clio 182 FF & Cups
i've deleted the copy of nero now mrbilly, maybe shoudn't have done that. Its lost i'm trying to sort out roy, want to pass it around work so I have somebody to talk about the last episode with, I haven't a fookin clue what's goin on in it so i need someone else to watch it so we can discuss!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Ok no problem . Pm your hotmail addy and i'll send you dvd santa if you want . I just e mailed it to myself and it worked . Sometimes hotmail doesn't like programs and thinks they are virus's .

fewie_172 said:
i've deleted the copy of nero now mrbilly, maybe shoudn't have done that. Its lost i'm trying to sort out roy, want to pass it around work so I have somebody to talk about the last episode with, I haven't a fookin clue what's goin on in it so i need someone else to watch it so we can discuss!!

The program I linked to is utterly superb mate. If all else fails give it a try.

MRBILLYUK said:
^^^^ Ok no problem . Pm your hotmail addy and i'll send you dvd santa if you want . I just e mailed it to myself and it worked . Sometimes hotmail doesn't like programs and thinks they are virus's .

That's always easily sorted. Just change the extension to .jpg then change it back again at the other end :)

You're all going to hell for sharing copyrighted material, mmmmmkay.
southpark.JPG