ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems

Partner's Astra SRi
Due to not having very much money these past six months, I've sort of neglected my car and I'm starting to get a bit worried about it. It's just about to hit 90k :)() and there are a few things which I need some advice on please.

Firstly, there is a squeaking coming through the steering wheel when steering to the left and sometimes to the right. I've now discovered that this sound can be heard outside the car too. Any ideas and how much will it be to fix?

Secondly, my front brakes have been juddering a bit and the rear drums are a bit noisy (like a sort of rusty sound). Again, any ideas and how expensive? It still brakes perfectly fine (yesterday I had to brake very hard as there was a bus coming straight for me round a bend and I stopped easily).

I will be getting some funding from the Bank of Mum and Dad.

Any help will be appreciated. I've become a bit of a girl about my car recently, probably because I'm worried about it.

Thanks

Lauren

172 Cup
Hi Lauren,

My girlfriends 1.2 squeaked for a while when turning in one direction. I found the noise to be coming from teh joint in the steering column just above the brake/clutch pedal. With the car running I sprayed WD40 into thi sjoint while turning the wheel from full lock one way to full lock the other way. Took it away straight away. It has returned a fe wtimes when it has been really damp so I'm assuming moisture is getting into it somehow. If your noise is not coming from here I would check teh power steering fluid level as first port of call.

Will

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Discs warped ? check to see if theres a lip on your discs..

when did the brakes get done last ?

Partner's Astra SRi
Nah, it doesn't pull to one side. It's more like when the car's about to come to a stop and there's a nasty noise and the brake pedal sort of vibrates badly.