ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems with the sound system

clio 1.2 dynamique
im having problems setting up my sound system, i have all the cables connected, power from battery to amp, remote from headunit to amp, the one which plugs into the preouts, and the earth to an earthing point in the boot, and im still not getting power to my amp, this is the second amp that ive tried so i dont think the amp is f****d as they are both brand new.
any help will be appreciated

thanks!!

Tesla MP3 2021
Could be the remote... I had an issue once where there was a break in the cable along the way and obviously the amp just wouldnt turn on.

Have you checked the connections with a multimetre?

clio 1.2 dynamique
the fuse is fine. i havent tried to check the remote but i have plenty of the remote cable so i will try a new one.
any other advice keep it coming but i wil try this

thanks

Tesla MP3 2021
All you need to do is check the connections with a multi meter.

Check the 12v is live, check the earth completes a circuit and see if there is any reading on the remote when the ignition is tunred on. If they all work then it must be the amp, but I cant see 2 new amps being faulty.

clio 1.2 dynamique
All you need to do is check the connections with a multi meter.

Check the 12v is live, check the earth completes a circuit and see if there is any reading on the remote when the ignition is tunred on. If they all work then it must be the amp, but I cant see 2 new amps being faulty.
as i was thinking. ill take a multimeter home from work and ill have it checked out. have a lot of work on at the mo tho as i now have 3 cars to fix!!

clio 1.2 dynamique
lol i thought that until i found out it was a head gasket job on a vectra that i have to do, corsa sport engine rebuild and pop out and respray a dent on my own car

clio 1.2 dynamique
i never did manage to get the system working. i got bored trying to fix it so i just took it out. while i was at it i took out everything from the back of the car- seats, cards, boot carpet, spare wheel etc. think it looks great and has made a great difference to the acceleration so i think ill leave it all out for the time being