ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems - Gearbox, cluch or linkages??

02' PH1 172
Hey guys. So for the last few days my first gear has become a little bit dodgy and have had a few times where it would not engage first at all.

So about half an hour ago I drove to the shop to get a munch, got back into the car and reverse, first and second will not work at all.

Its wierd because it seems as if they are still there, like I can still find their positioning, but when i select reverse or fist, the car thinks its in third.

any ideas?

think there is a chance the linkages could have take a knock about a week or so back as I was trying to park with half the car on the pavement and heard a lound scraping of meal on the underneath, but when looking under the car, i couldnt see anything that should have scraped?

thanks

M

mini-valver

Without having a look, its hard to say but that would definately be my first port of call. Good think about the Clio's is just how simple the linkage is! There's only really one point it can go wrong, theres the selector coming out of the box which has a peg circlipped into it and the the main link rod from the gearstick bolts through it. Pull the undertray off and have a look.

172 cup
when you cant get it try selecting 4th (if not fourth i think its 5th) then try again. Not sure what it means if it works, but atleast you might be able to get 1st again

hmh

Renault Clio RS 172 ph1
damn trying to find a gearbox manual is a pain in the arse
I have similar problem after repairing engine and assembling everything - I have only 5th working, others just don't switch on.
Gearbox manual is "Renault_BV(JB-JC).pdf", try googling for it or get dialogys installed. I can email you it as well.
PS If you are going to look at linkages, pls take some pictures and post them back here, the more detailed the better.

02' PH1 172
found it. might take pics tomorrow when i replace it. was the circlip and rod bracket that bust

if you go to page 78 of the gearbox manual, part number 53 and 54 is what went on mine, need to go find new ones at the scrappys tomorrow. funk knows how they went

thanks for the help dudes :)