ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems after fitting stock manifold

17RS2'd Cup
This is going to be repeated in faults section and the engine section just to increase my chance of getting the right answers.

I have just takenky off an RS2 manifold and fitted the stick manifold. After doing so I have some issues.

Number 1: The car is idling at around 2000rpm and bouncing up and down a few 100rpm each way. I drive the car for about 5 minutes very sensibly and the problem was still there.

Number 2: The brakes are pretty much non existent. The brake pedal seems a bit higher than usual and extra extra hard. I think this happened after about 2 mins of the engine being on.

Things to mention: There was a pipe that went from the plate of the manifold (where the carbon box thing meets the bodies) into the fire wall/bulk head, what ever it's called. I was able to disconnect this pipe just before the fire wall. The pipe was connected to a pipe with a slightly bigger bit of pipe and a couple of jubilee clips. I hope I have described that well enough. My problem is I couldn't get it off of the RS2 and had no idea where it is supposed to connect to on the stock manifold. I have left it open and disconnected.

On the stock manifold itself there are two nipple type things, one thicker than the other, near the throttle body. Again I do not know what is supposed to connect to these so I have left them open.

Is is the revving issue anything to do with the map used for the RS2?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Many.
The big nipple on the inlet, needs to go to the pipe left off on the bulkhead. The other nipple, I assume is on the front of the inlet? That needs blanking unless you have the valve thingy.