ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with brakes (clio200)

106 gti
Right so noticed this really recently, not ideal as I’m off to the ring in 4 weeks.

Really hard to explain but hoping someone’s had the same issue, if I brake heavily from say 80/90, the initial bite is ok but then it almost feels like it coming off the brakes and something is blocking it and I can kinda feel through the pedal and will not brake to its full potential. I’d say plenty of life left in them (brembo hc and ds2500) but haven’t had chance to take a closer look but I get the feeling I won’t be able to see much as 50/60mph it brakes really well. May have to get it booked in somewhere before I go unless anyone has any ideas? Thanks In advance :)

106 gti
Cheers guys was hoping it would be something simple, haven’t had it long enough to do brakes on this before but read the pins can be a pain in the arse should I order some replacements?

106 gti
Cheers guys will give that a go! How did you get them out? Cut down the middle and tap out? Don’t even know the actual method to get them out watched a couple of videos and no one even bothered trying haha

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
just knocked them out with a small punch and hammer. Might be worth spraying a bit of penetration fluid on the heads of the pins at the back of the caliper - obviously dont get any on your pads or disc

106 gti
just knocked them out with a small punch and hammer. Might be worth spraying a bit of penetration fluid on the heads of the pins at the back of the caliper - obviously dont get any on your pads or disc
Thanks mate will give that a go this weekend!

106 gti
*update* just checked the specs from when I bought it they’re actually ds1.11 not ds2500, assuming why they squeal! But will I have done damage by using them everyday or could the brake problem be linked to them not being warmed up or something?

106 gti
Did you bed them in properly?
We’re on the car when I bought it in September mate, am I best off just getting some new pads before the ring? Will grab some pics of them Friday evening and post them in here

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I'd strip and clean first. If there's not much friction material left then you may aswell replace.
If there is, I was thinking maybe try doing the bedding in process again

106 gti
I'd strip and clean first. If there's not much friction material left then you may aswell replace.
If there is, I was thinking maybe try doing the bedding in process again
Thanks for all you’re help mate will see how I get on

106 gti

106 gti
Attached a video, that’s about as far as my investigation got as I couldn’t find the 12mm to remove calliper bolts but I’m assuming they look shot and not fit for the ring anyway? They’re fine when hot but that occasional judder doesn’t fill me with confidence when cold/wet.