ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem starting in mornings

03 172 cup
as above it struggles first thing when i turn the key it half starts then dies but then starts straight away but only in the mornings,can leave it all day at work and its fine,cant be cold weather coz its been so hot.could it be spark plugs.
any suggestions?cheers guys
its a 2003 172 cup by the way

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I had the same. They fixed it by changing the flightwheelsensor. When your in front of the engine, it's low at the right between the engine and the airbox. A small long black sensor with 2 wires (think at each side).
They changed that and problem was fixed for a few months, now it's back, but only one a week or every two weeks.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I don't know how to express that word in English, but free translated from Dutch in English it's a flywheelsensor. Not sure that your sollution is the same as mine. Can also be immobilizer or something else, but I had the same problems. It took a month a several calls to Renault Sport before they found the problem

its not an immobiliser, its a magnetic sensor that detects lumps on the fly telling the ecu where the engine is, and its gets covered in metal etc and it stops it from reading. and sometimes when they get hot they go open circuit and stop reading full stop.

its not just renault sports tht hve the problem, alsmost every renault has it now!

Cup 172
I get this but have found an odd way to prevent it. Turn the ignition to position 2 (I think, the one that lights up the stuff on the dash), then back off. Then turn as normal and it starts first time every time...

clio 172
hi i also start my 172 like the last post turn key so dash lights come on then off the car will start first time mine only does it in the morning!! its a pain i know i have had 2 dianostic tests no one seems to know the solution, my car also sounds and feels lumpy i thing this is normal? and unrelated please let me know different

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Mine is exactly the same in the mornings and fine on the second key.

50% of morning starts it does it, but never for the dealer.

It's back with the dealer know for the third time and they still can't fix it.

Mine's a '53' FF 172.

I'll have to mention it to then regarding the fly wheel sensor.