ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem firing up engine

BG182 FF
Hi there,

It's a bit hit and miss but it seems when I leave the car for a while it starts first time. However, I stopped twice driving down the M6 on the way home last week and my engine did not want to ignite. It was just turning and turning and turning.
Eventually after many attempts to get it started it would, but it seems to be happening more regularly now and the length it will turn before it fires up is getting longer and longer.

Even so it can just start up straight up, not touched it since last sunday and it fired up first time today.

Any ideas what this might be? At first i thought it might be a battery issue, but I guess it rules it out after a long drive down the M6 and it occurring and not when it has been left for a few days?

BG182 FF
I just googled that and it sounds about right. Would explain why it only happens on some occasions also. Thanks!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
No shouldnt do, take the airbox out and its sat at the top between the engine and gearbox, held in by 2 10mm bolts

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Not the best of photos but you can just make it out, its the little blue plug under the thermostat housing
20160521_133836.jpg

BG182 FF
Thanks for the help ads, working a treat now after cleaning it up a little Probably would have cost a small fortune in the garage..!