ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem after problem

hey all, as some as u may know, my car has been broken into, and also may know from a while back that my car wouldn't start due to some reason all another.

As i ask you lot what may be the problem, and some said the TDC sensor, some said the starter motor etc. recently i had the starter motor changed, but then only a couple days ago it wouldnt start again, so i gave it back to the garage to solve the problem, and they said it coould be another starter motor fault, so they replaced it again. but they also said it could be due to the battery (bearing in mind all my electrics work).

the thing is today, my car wouldnt start again, and i phoned the garage up and they said its 100% battery, so i got some mates to jump it, but before that i told my mates to listen to it, and all of a sudden it started again.

this has happened to me so many times now, even when i thought it was fixed, im at the point where im fed up of my car. but anyways, i phoned the renault specailist, and told them the problem, and they said it could be the either starter motor, battery, earthing or bad connection to the starter, but then i mentioned the tdc sensor, but apparenlty, it would be the tdc sensor, if it made some noise when turnover. but when i turn over all i hear is a TUT noise.

do any of you know what it might be cos i dont really wanna get bummed at the garage again. as i have been way to many times.

thanks for listenning

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does the car actually turn over when it's trying to start?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
similar to my earth strap when i had my vts. same symptoms. start one min then not the next for no reason at all.

cheers guys, will have to have alookie, it does seem abit like that actually, cos few moments ago at the petrol station i filled up, and then as i turned the key it didnt start again, and so i had a fiddle wit the positve and negative and then it started again. will have a look thanks

any more suggestions