ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro Speed Midsport with **pics**

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Sorry for starting a new thread.

I know charlie comes on here so i thought i'd say a very big thankyou to him and his team who fitted my midsport system yesterday - very pleased with it, the welding is the best i have seen, everything was checked and measured, not just thrown on ! 100% quality.

A decat was also fitted and this is the reason i am temporarily deaf after the 250mile trip home !! but its all good :)

I will get some video clips up soon.

prospeed1.jpg

prospeed2.jpg

prospeed3.jpg

prospeed4.jpg

prospeed6.jpg

prospeed7.jpg

And its solid on the back, ive had alot of exhaust on my old cars and they all have a slight wobble (not rubber mount wobble) this thing is gooood :) money well spent :)

Abarth 500
it will get louder lol.......im not decat though......i think i will in a bit.....is it really loud :S?

Weeman sucks ****
welsh172 said:
it will get louder lol.......im not decat though......i think i will in a bit.....is it really loud :S?

It will get quite a bit louder if you're running a decat, my system's been on for over a year now and it's the t*ts. It's also been through a lot and is still in tact. Pops and bangs nicely, especially with the local nurburg fuel ;)

Charlie is spot on.

cli0 172 said:
o0o0o0o ..... more royalties .... thankyou :D

lol you should have put a patent on the design...

im the only Ph1 to have it done so far... so at least mine's a little different :rasp:

Ive just made a lil video clip, but wouldent you know the sodding batteries ran out so i only got the first and only clip and i nearly dropped the camera so it is not the best one :(

however,,,,, there is sound :)

http://www.benkinsella.com/clio/cliosound1.MPG if you could right click and save file to your computer it will save my bandwidth :)

E87 118i
very nice

want to do something similar here with powerflow....called renault about the exhaust suround (from a 182) but they don't have the part number listed ?? Is that a genuine renault surround or is there something else I can get ??

BMW 330d :)
Kinsella said:
Ive just made a lil video clip, but wouldent you know the sodding batteries ran out so i only got the first and only clip and i nearly dropped the camera so it is not the best one :(

however,,,,, there is sound :)

http://www.benkinsella.com/clio/cliosound1.MPG if you could right click and save file to your computer it will save my bandwidth :)

What sort of drop have you got on the cup? Is it running the trophy turinis or have they been refurbed in that colour? And do you have 205/45 tyres on?

Very nice exhaust btw, dont think I'd have the balls to go for a decat though. It would either be that exhaust or the 182 lookalike for me.

Cheers

Fraser

Hi fraser, i initially wanted the 182 lookalike but i heard alot of comments about k-tec quality being naff and it would have worked out near £600 for the system and then peoples were falling off or not sitting straight after a caining etc, did not want that at what they charge - charlies craftsman ship is 2nd to NON

my alloys are actuall trophy ones, i bought them off craig172 from here i'm running 205/45's but when it comes time to change i may put 195's on

I'm not lowerd yet, just a full tank of fuel lol, I have some apex 40's on order tho :)

Last edited:
rock said:
very nice

want to do something similar here with powerflow....called renault about the exhaust suround (from a 182) but they don't have the part number listed ?? Is that a genuine renault surround or is there something else I can get ??

you can get the suround from renault just pop in and ask, charlie at prospeed got mine for me :)

E87 118i
thanks, renault in south africa are a little slow, they didn't have the part number on their system and the guy said he'd call me back after a little investigation but haven't heard from him ??

o right never new you were from south africa - try ringing renault UK i'm sure they could post it - or even email them ??

172 Cup
It will get louder. I've got the k tec stealth back box with a straight through center section and it sounds much nicer than it used to.

182 and 5 GTT
Nice one mate. I know what you mean by loud. I went with peperami when he got his fitted and My ears were ringing all the way home!

Dci 100
looks very nice mate!!

i'm gonna get one of them soon, but i dont want it that loud, just a subtle sports sound, does charlie do that?

haha yea, 100 miles up the m6 i was like hmmmm was this the best choice haha - i supose charlie can do what you want, he did warn me it would be quite abit louder with the decat.