ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro evo 6 = pants

T

thecremeegg

I used to like this game, but now its geting on my nerves for some horrific flaws.
1)Cant challenge goalies in the air
2)Yellow card for every sliding tackle
3)Keepers are all hopeless unless on top form, except van der sar
4)Keepers parry far too much
5)Man Utd are ridiculously good. Saha on a red arrow is stupidly OTT
6)Go in for a 50-50 tackle and the player with the ball always comes out better

These are just some of the reasons that i think have ruined the game. I cant play it anymore, and i used to love it :dapprove:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol

lets wait for 7 am sure they rushed 6 out for the next gen consoles.

hope they redeem themselves next time

T

thecremeegg

Tell me about it. Pro evo 5 i loved, but this one gets me annoyed!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
its poorly done, you just have to look at the ps2 version.
like the random teams u pick of like all stars is awsome.

i am just hoping they rushed it to meet next gen deadline and get it out. cant think of any other reason. i just hope they sort it cos i loves Pro evo

T

thecremeegg

Yea i think that perhaps, konami being japanese, they're making a super duper verison for the PS3 :)

FOCUS ST 275
oh cmon Pro Evo 5 (or Poo Evo 5 as i call it) was pants, really slow, changin direction would be faster in a oil tanker!!.
6 is ok and yes Saha, oh how my mates h8 him lol. Man Utd with Ronaldo Giggs and Saha on form will never lose.
Scorin a goal is a bit hit n miss aswell, drill it in or sky it, same power and direction on D pad. ah well roll on PES7.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i been playing it since the iss days and everytime a new one comes out we all wanna smash it up, but we still play it!!! i hat ethe game but love it if thats possible. and i think pes7 is one of the easiest out of the lot, everytime they bring out a new one and stop a way of scoring, you just find a new way, i enjoy it still

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ridiculous comment. FIFA is better graphics and sound, and thats about it. There were a few flaws at first with PES6. I have the PS2 version, as the 360 version is seriously flawed (no editor, less pitches, less options etc - all because they were saving for PES7). As always with these games, play them for the first few hours and you think its a stinker. The game grows with you though, and you learn to deal with the flaws. The keepers in the other games were far too good. How many goalkeepers in the world do you know that catch every single shot without spilling or parrying? Not many. This makes it more realistic in my opinion. Ok, there are a few occasions when they simple watch the ball roll over the line without even moving, but its rare.
Saying all this, I cant really comment too much on it now, as I have a modded PS2 and as such a patched PES6. Better stadiums, better graphics, FIFA commentary (oh yes, very clever), all the new kits and transfers up to date. New balls, including the Nike 90 ball. All new boots, advertising boards at the stadiums etc. etc. etc.
I dont think I could go back to the original PES6 now. My mate played it the other day and said after playing mine how poor the original was in comparison.
If you do have a modded PS2, try http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/ and sign up to see the forums and subsections. Go to the editing section and away you go :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I wonder if some of the games are different? I know the most lenient referee is Johann something or other. Its pretty rare that he'll dish out a red card, sometimes even a yellow.
I havent yet had a referee who is extremely harsh.
FIFA is good, but once you get PES in your blood, its hard to shift it. I think PES7 will be awesome, but at the same time, people will once again find flaws with it and I still dont think they have taken the licenses from FIFA.

T

thecremeegg

Nope, i loved pro evo 5 but this one's gettin me well annoyed. I used to gloss over the flaws but now i cant, its ruining the game for me. Dont get me wrong, we all still play it, but these few small things really really annoy me. Its miles better than FIFA, i agreee, but theres still a long way to go. As for the refs scutch, choose the chinese ref, you'll get a red card for everything lol

I have a poor disciplinery record, partly due to the fact that I think its funny to chop someone in half when their through on goal! :D

Turbos.
Well at the end of the day it's not true you get a yellow card for every sliding tackle, it is quite easy to go through a game without getting a card in fact. The only annoying thing is that the CPU doesn't make rash challenges very often, having said that i played a Cup Final game last night and one got a straight red!

Some keepers aren't great, but then you have to be prepared to make them come out sometimes.

I wouldn't say United are that great, Barca and Real Madrid etc. are better.

I often go back to playing 5 when i go round my mates and it is stupidly easy to make progress and score.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha no way i remeber playin international superstar soccer haha superb. when you kicked the ball it sounded like it was completely flat, and the players heads were like rectangle blocks.

If your pissed off with s**t keepers, when you play in tourno with mates stick it on full star rating, it makes the keepers alot better.

to be honest it has a shed load of flaws but i love master league and will never stop playin it yessssss come on Villa, (adriano, C ronaldo already signed) hahah

T

thecremeegg

Ah that remind me, bringing out the keeper.....they never dive at feet meaning its far to easy to trick round them. And what is it with the refs not giving fouls against the keeper? if by some freakish chance the keeper does dive, he usually misses taking down the player. So rarely do they get sent off or even a pen awarded, its very frustrating as my mates use it to their advantage lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
am sure i read somewhere its better to tap the (keeper come out button) i have been doing it and my keeper (sorenson) whos s**t had made some awsome one on one saves

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ah that remind me, bringing out the keeper.....they never dive at feet meaning its far to easy to trick round them. And what is it with the refs not giving fouls against the keeper? if by some freakish chance the keeper does dive, he usually misses taking down the player. So rarely do they get sent off or even a pen awarded, its very frustrating as my mates use it to their advantage lol

I've had many penalties with the keepers diving at the stikers feet and sending him to the ground!
I've also challenged the goalkeeper in the air for the ball and won twice, one with the goalkeeper fumbling the catch, and the other knocking him away. :)
Is yours PS2 or 360?

T

thecremeegg

I play both, the PS2 version is better in terms of editing etc, but the gameplay is fundamentally the same. Yea sure i've had the keeper make some saves, but what wud you expect playing it everyday since launch, ive played a lot of games lol. Only two of us have successfully challenged the keeper, and that was once each, since october!
I just feel that they did nothing about the flaws from pro evo 5 and just added more, which is why i prefer 5. Sure the gameplay is smoother etc on 6, but its a bundle of problems.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Konami and the creative teams rushed PES6, that was confirmed. This was due to putting more effort into the next generation versions this year. The 360 version was just a port of the PS2 PES, with a lot of features missing due to time restraints and getting it out in time.
Like I said though, even during the making of PES6, PES7 was in the mind of the software houses and I'm hoping that this years will be a lot better.

T

thecremeegg

Good, i really hope thats the case. That said however, if none of us poor students have a PS3 by then, i hope the PS2 version will be as good :S

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I doubt it mate. The forums seem to think that the 360 and PS3 versions will get the brunt of the upgrade, as thats where all the effort is going. The 360 version of PES6 used around 25-30% of the machines capability! lol. That shows how rushed it was!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I used to like this game, but now its geting on my nerves for some horrific flaws.
1)Cant challenge goalies in the air
2)Yellow card for every sliding tackle
3)Keepers are all hopeless unless on top form, except van der sar
4)Keepers parry far too much
5)Man Utd are ridiculously good. Saha on a red arrow is stupidly OTT
6)Go in for a 50-50 tackle and the player with the ball always comes out better

These are just some of the reasons that i think have ruined the game. I cant play it anymore, and i used to love it :dapprove:

agree with 1. .. thats it.

even the iran international keeper is wicked..

you playin it on top player?

I'm in 2010 on my ML leage on top player and it's pretty good fun, the computer gets away with murder, but all that nonsense about tackling and getting cards is bollox. You get carded when you take the player before the ball, you have to time it right and be careful they are no twisting and turning as that usually results in them turning away just as you come in... resulting in cards... It's better than PES5 which was too arcadey and easy imo. The passing is much improved and overall it's a better game... just a huge shame all the edit features are missing :(

I think the thread starter is just poor at the game, I've been playing top player level for 3 seasons and have lost once in Euro Cup (ManU) and drawn two games (Madrid and Valencia) and won all the rest. It's all about 3-5-2 all out attack

T

thecremeegg

Lol here comes the abuse. I do play on top player, always have, anything less and its a joke. You're all talking about playing master league, something i've never done. Against human players its a differnt game entirely, far less predictable. Everything i said in post one i stand by, fair enough if you dont agree.
Scutch i noticed that the 360 version is only a slight graphical improvement over the ps2 and its not particualrly well programmed (slowdown in cut scenes etc), so i can believe that its not using much power. I just hope the PS2 version isnt completely forgotten :(

Monaco 172 2/468
Funny thread this mate, I had a game yesterday and I had one of those games where all the flaws happened in one game, constantly lol

The most annoying bit for me is when you are clean through, the computer can slide right through the back of you, not get the ball, and it's not a foul, providing you don't hit the deck.... that is a joke ! It's also programmed to slide everytime you shoot, no matter where the defender is, hence why you get nailed all the time and the shots go over the stadium... still no foul.

Apart from all this though, I love the game, I just really hope PES7 sorts itself out, gives us a 2vs2 co-op online mode, and more leagues etc.

I think i'm more forgiving with this botched PES because it looks lovely in HD, but 7 better be damn good !

Also, if you get a yellow card for each tackle... learn how to tackle properly :cool: x

think you need a super patch my friend, makes if look and feel like pes7,

the only thing that annoys me is adriano is far too good.

Alfa 147 GTA
I find PES6 a lot better than PES5, and FIFA gets nowhere near to either. The only downside I find with 6 is that if playing with autoselect it switches players at ridiculous moments.

But seeing as some pikey broke in and stole my PS2 on Sunday night its no more Pro evo... :(

Lol here comes the abuse. I do play on top player, always have, anything less and its a joke. You're all talking about playing master league, something i've never done. Against human players its a differnt game entirely, far less predictable. Everything i said in post one i stand by, fair enough if you dont agree.
Scutch i noticed that the 360 version is only a slight graphical improvement over the ps2 and its not particualrly well programmed (slowdown in cut scenes etc), so i can believe that its not using much power. I just hope the PS2 version isnt completely forgotten :(

I only play master league to build my team, me and a few mates have an ongoing mini league we do on each version so I mainly play multiplayer and it's a different game like you say... but it's a much better one imo.

people always moan about PES... usually the ones that are crap at it