ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pro detailer wanted for ford racing puma

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
hi the missus is after a pro detailer for her ford racing puma. its quite badly swirl marked and needs correcting. she wants the full works inside and out also. were based in leicester and heres the car.....

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

can you please pm. thanks tommy

Tommy; IF richngem off here offers his services out, if, I would go with him. Either that or if RussZS is able to travel to you.

I can't remember where jimWd is based but hope these are some decent suggestions for you.

120d M Sport
Russ is your man. Midlands based, top draw detailer and I think he's got a soft spot for these!

Last edited:
  Megane R26
Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the PM, I'll reply shortly but Leicester is do-able for me. What state is the Alcantara in on the interior? Any pics please?

Also, thanks for the recommendations guys x I always wanted an FRP so this would be a pleasure

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
thanks for the help guys,
russ the interior is mint no fag burns or wear on the material. there are a few light scrathes on the glovebox area but thats it. ill get you a pic later to show mate.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:( I was hoping JD got to do it!

What a fooking car.

If it wasn't for the age and it being so nice I would have one over a TT.

Get millions of pictures Russ mate.

Titanium 182
Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the PM, I'll reply shortly but Leicester is do-able for me. What state is the Alcantara in on the interior? Any pics please?

Also, thanks for the recommendations guys x I always wanted an FRP so this would be a pleasure

Thought you got one, Russ? Or was it a Fiesta ST in the end?

Imperial blue is the best colour, I want one again! :(

Megane R26
Imperial Blue is a great colour, so I'll be sure to take lots of pics if Tommy goes with me :

Tommy - I've just replied to your PM, sorry for the delay, my phone has been playing up all day

Mark (hi!) - I got an ST in the end, I couldn't find a tidy example of an FRP when I was looking to buy :(

Alex - sod off, you get mates rates ;) x

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
;) russ ill be defo going with you

we were lucky to find this frp. the chap before who owned this had it for 5 years and only drove it for 5,000 its currently on 49,500 with full ford service history. always kept it garaged and very well looked after. were going to pumabuild soon for some subtle mods.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have a semi thinking about it.

Imperial is a great colour to work with, reward sfor a setailer are fab.

Megane R26
Nice one Tommy :)

Let me know when you go to Pumabuild, I know Phil and Alan quite well, so I can be cheeky and ask them for a discount for you...

Megane R26
Will do Jim. Do you cover Leicester? I don't like treading on toes, I felt awkward doing Steve's as I knew it was your area...

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Nice one Tommy :)

Let me know when you go to Pumabuild, I know Phil and Alan quite well, so I can be cheeky and ask them for a discount for you...

that would be great mate where going to be getting the following done....

new clucth kit fitted,
powerflex bushes (whole car) fitted,
full samco set fitted,
caliper seals fitted with green stuff pads and braided lines,
k&n panel filter,
real carbon front splitter as the gen one is only imatation,
pumabuild dark crystal side repeators to match the headlights and rears.

Gally why dont you get one? there really good fun and sound amazing. ill do a vid for you with the noise of it kicking in at 5,500rpm

Megane R26
Helix or standard clutch?

Just let me know when you are ready to get it booked in and I'll speak to Phil for you :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
TT ticks more boxes mate, I don't believe moving puma to puma is a good idea.

I will buy one tho.

Only thing that put me off was the fact you needed to mod it to get any straight line speed.

All totally in one's own opinion, but just lacked the grunt in my eyes.

Epically pretty cars.

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Will do Jim. Do you cover Leicester? I don't like treading on toes, I felt awkward doing Steve's as I knew it was your area...

Don't worry about it Russ.. Here I am 'treading feet' on your forum anyway, so, :evil::approve: - if in doubt, we could always team up at somepoint.

I was in Ashby Forville today, going back tomorrow. Then Saturday and Sunday I'm in Market Harborough, so, yeah, pretty much all that area. (most of my work is Leics way as opposed to Lincs or Notts.. :rolleyes:

Megane R26
Ahh, typical! Be good to team up sometime for sure - do you get much work over this way? I seem to remember you doing one in Bham at some point?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
depends how much money she has left over really mate! how much roughy discount wise can you get?

Megane R26
Lol, JD... maybe x

Tommy, I'm not sure, it depends what you are buying and their respective margins, but I don't mind asking for you.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
ok mate. if you could ask him as a job lot for the parts i listed earlier how much would he charge fitted? apart from the k&n and samco air induction hose. that would be great. :D

C

clvs2222

Heres my old one. Detailed by myself. Over 20 hours spend on it, inside, outiside and underneath. I dont want to step on anyones toes so i wont offer my services.

n664735056_5699112_9776.jpg

n664735056_5699113_640.jpg

n664735056_5699114_1503.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols i've no idea, I know he's a big fan.

It actually doesn't matter to be fair I love russ' work mate.

Apologies.

Oh and the 4x4 comment. FPMSL.

A clue you really are missing it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I love racing puma's, great cars. But leaving a 182 for dead? No. If it had similar power to a 182, it would be the quicker car though.

I know. I was just breaking balls. The point being pmsl at saying it's a 4x4.

Deck it yo! andils like its on rails innit!

EDIT: Ewww I'm in the detailing section. Laters!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Roy Munson said:
I know. I was just breaking balls. The point being pmsl at saying it's a 4x4.

Deck it yo! andils like its on rails innit!
Humour fail on my part! Great cars though, I remember Reading that at fords belgian test track (lommell?) it recorded higher peak corner speads than the mk1 frs and the ford gt.
But then most people dismiss the standard puma as well, and they are great cars.

I used to have a 1.25 zetec fiesta, same basic chassis. Revvy yamaha tinkered engine. One night I got a phone call that my brother had a crash, with my sister in the car. Jumped in the car, and had to do 11miles on a road I know well. To this day I've never gone quicker. I think the brakes were still cold when I stopped!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! They would have been usless anyway warren!

Roys thing about cornering speeds is right also lapped the ring quicker than a mk1 FRS.

On a twisty track it would leave a lot behind.

I think everyone knows it needs more power but i've not read if the FRS transplant actually worked or if effected the handling and ruined the car.

Would be nice to know if it worked for the better. Power and precision would be perfect.