ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private Plates

GTD, Lupo
Ok not sure if i have done a silly thing but i just ordered a private number plate :S. I have always been against them as it seemed stupid wasting money on something that does feck all to the cars proformance.

Was just wondering what plates people on here are running? Any nice ones.

Paul

172 5HED
Ok not sure if i have done a silly thing but i just ordered a private number plate :S. I have always been against them as it seemed stupid wasting money on something that does feck all to the cars proformance.

Was just wondering what plates people on here are running? Any nice ones

Paul

Gave mine 10BHP IIRC!!

DSC00244-2.jpg

Breaking mk2 DCI
L1 OLM spaced as L10 LM
LM03 LEE
and P8 MNE as i got it cheap (100 quid)

think they make a big differance

what gets my back up is majorly doctoring the plate to look different and people who get ripped off and buy from anywhere other than the dvla when its probably available direct for half the money

www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk

GTD, Lupo
Gave mine 10BHP IIRC!!

Hah

The shorter plate looks good on the 197. In the end i went for a nice simple one. To most people i dont think they will even notice its a private plate. I picked "T200 CUP" in the end. Seeing as the car is a 200 cup and i dont like the odd cup of T i think its ok :D

Paul

PS 200
Hah

The shorter plate looks good on the 197. In the end i went for a nice simple one. To most people i dont think they will even notice its a private plate. I picked "T200 CUP" in the end. Seeing as the car is a 200 cup and i dont like the odd cup of T i think its ok :D

Paul

I got V300 OOM when I got my Impreza UK300 approx 7 years ago.

bit of fun.

Going on a 200 Cup on Friday :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
3709050867_e5e31d1c64.png

Surname is Broad... First name is Luke... middle name is darren.

Bit dissappointed iv had to space it tho but nvm

172 5HED
Hah

Paul

Not a bad plate that TBH!! :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
They hide the age of the car, they look better, there personal, there different. Whats not to like. imo even a £245 plate improves the look of a car.

172 5HED
I used to space mine as K3VO W which looked better!!

All those who still mis space (as above) you do know the fine is £60 a pop now dont you???

just a warning to everyone... ive been rocking out with my illegally spaced plates for 3 years with no hassle. However I got pulled the other week by a marked ST and the dude fined me twice, one for each plate!!

apparently the ANPR read my plate as RAW DC and couldn't understand the 4 as it's programmed to look for a space straight after the number...

:(

IMG_1073.gif

Last edited:
  172 5HED
just a warning to everyone... ive been rocking out with my illegally spaced plate for 3 years with no hassle. However got pulled the other week and the dude fined me twice, one for each plate!!

Aye mate, as I put!! £60 nicker eh??

Last time they took a pic of mine and sent it to DVLA, got a letter saying that if its caught again like that they'll just revoke it!! :S

PS 200
just a warning to everyone... ive been rocking out with my illegally spaced plate for 3 years with no hassle. However got pulled the other week and the dude fined me twice, one for each plate!!

And it'll go down as 2 crimes solved no doubt.

Pigs - you've gotta love em :mad:

And it'll go down as 2 crimes solved no doubt.

Pigs - you've gotta love em :mad:

steady on, he was only doing his job... and I was breaking the law intentionally. Kinda makes the plate meaningless to me having it spaced legally though, ah well...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL @ done twice...It's a SET of number plates! Surely they can't do that! I got done in the williams! Pressed french plates. £30.

tiTTy & SV650
Wouldn't mind one for my bike.

I have R90 RYS (RORYS) on my 172

and bought my dad R17 GRM (R INGRAM) for his Saab

PS 200
steady on, he was only doing his job... and I was breaking the law intentionally. Kinda makes the plate meaningless to me having it spaced legally though, ah well...
Yeah - he was just doing his job - I reckon the spirit of the law is for one fine for illegally spaced plates (infact it's probably the letter of the law and piggy has pocketted your extra £30 :rasp:;) )

The fines have doubled - it's not because you had two.

If piggy boy said it was for having two - he's talking out of his trotters http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_178975

He said he was fining me £30 for each plate....

When I questioned it at the local station, apparently it went down as 1 offence but with a £60 fine. This was mid June BEFORE the penalty went up to £60 on the 1st July.

My advice to everyone is to keep a legal set in the boot with velcro in the same places... if you get pulled ask to change them over there and then to save the conviction. Im sure if I had mine with me the copper would have let me off, he was a nice bloke tbh and we chatted about the cars for a while (he had a marked focus ST).

Anyway, on with the thread... :D

Last edited:
  PS 200
"On-the-spot fines raised
Seat belts reduce the risk of dying in a 30mph crash by 60 per cent
Drivers caught without a seatbelt or putting illegal number plates will now face on-the-spot fines of £60, up from the current £30."

He's robbed you !

tiTTy & SV650
"On-the-spot fines raised
Seat belts reduce the risk of dying in a 30mph crash by 60 per cent
Drivers caught without a seatbelt or putting illegal number plates will now face on-the-spot fines of £60, up from the current £30."

He's robbed you !

lol because "putting illegal number plate" makes sense ;)

just a warning to everyone... ive been rocking out with my illegally spaced plates for 3 years with no hassle. However I got pulled the other week by a marked ST and the dude fined me twice, one for each plate!!

apparently the ANPR read my plate as RAW DC and couldn't understand the 4 as it's programmed to look for a space straight after the number...

Illegally, but not unlawfully.

PS 200
lol because "putting illegal number plate" makes sense ;)
The whole sentence is poorly constructed as it doesn't say that where you have to put them in order to get a fine :rasp:. Sounds like they could fine you for putting them up the pig's arse :D

Anyway - Back on topic ;)

mine gets the lolz so it dont matter. most people get it but meh regardless...

i originally had the D cut into an O but after 3 fines i couldnt be arsed with the hassle n put it back to standard.

DSC_7473.jpg

the forum boys love taking the mick 'whats r three n n d mean' but i love it.

THATS ALL THAT MATTERS