ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private plate ideas

Bike*
Gunna get a private plate,

My names ant moss

Originally i wanted somthing with ant and a few random numbers/letters but couldnt find any worth buying.
So i had a look at 'MO55 ANT' and its £2040' do you think its worth it?
Considering i cant put it on my car atm as i only have an 02plate for a year or so
And do you think if i didnt buy it now it would go up in price?

Also ideas please.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Why would you spend £2040 which is probably more than your car is worth on a number plate, if you have to ask an internet forum whether it is worth it?

Here's an idea. Don't get one.

Can't see why people bother with private plates to be honest. And I'm saying that as someone who has one, BUT I bought the car with it already on, so it wasn't my decision.

£2k is A LOT of money to spend on it too.

Bike*
Why would you spend £2040 which is probably more than your car is worth on a number plate, if you have to ask an internet forum whether it is worth it?

Here's an idea. Don't get one.

I mean worth it as in if i buy it now would i save money waiting till i get a newer car then buying it.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I wouldn't bother, personally. I contemplated one for a while but they're a waste of money tbh

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It looks like a normal number plate though.

Why would you spend that much on a number plate? What car do you have?

Bike*
It looks like a normal number plate though.

Why would you spend that much on a number plate? What car do you have?

Thats irrelivant because the plate would be mine for life.
I have a 1.2 clio but im not gunna have the car forever, i will have a relitivley new car in a few years once i get my insurance down.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Thats irrelivant because the plate would be mine for life.
I have a 1.2 clio but im not gunna have the car forever, i will have a relitivley new car in a few years once i get my insurance down.

How would you pay for it out of interest? If you can't afford a new car because of insurance, how can you justify splashing out 2K on a number plate?

Leon Cupra 300
I wouldn't have that plate. It doesn't even look like a private plate... and some chancer will of bought it for 499 or whatever from the dvla. f**k all chance i'd be lining his pockets to the tune of 1500 quid.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
How would you pay for it out of interest? If you can't afford a new car because of insurance, how can you justify splashing out 2K on a number plate?

Are you seriouse mate?? Judging the blokes money back ground because he currently drives a 1.2? Thats pretty funny to be honest. He could be a millionaire for all you know and just waiting for the right time to buy a better model. If he's prepared to spend 2k on a plate that he'll enjoy seeing on his car it doesn't matter what its going on. Wasn't there a lad on here who went from a 1.2 to a 200? I don't think he was asking for a justification on buying it. More a case of is it worth 2 grand or not.

In my opinion, everysingle private plate on the road is a waste of money. Didn't stop me getting one though lol

MINI FJCW
Nothing wrong with private plates, can make a difference to the car, and make it look newer and hide the age.

However, I wouldn't pay that much for said plate, considering you can't even put it on your car. As you would have to put it on retention for a year, and continue to do so until you get a 55 plate car or newer.

Disastra Coupe
I think private plates can be nice.

However paying 2k for one is plain stupid unless you're a millionaire.

My plate on the Saxo stood me at about £80... It was M14 VTR and was a Saxo VTR. That was worth it imo.

Paying 2k is plain stupid though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ANT 77S

Its on Dvla and has a reserve of £455 iirc.

Much better than spunking £2000+ on what is quite frankly a shite plate. MO55 ANT??? ffs.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
2k for that? :S

Ordering my new private reg hopefully next week, around £450 in total.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
FLOL @ £2k on a plate you can't use...

ANT 77S

Much better than spunking £2000+ on what is quite frankly a shite plate. MO55 ANT??? ffs.

^ listen to Arms. He speaketh funny, but it's normally intelligent noteworthy waffle.

I've got a plate on mines. Got T5 then my initials. Looks alright imo. To me a private plate is something short. Buying MO55 ANT is lame.

Loads of cnuts where I stay have AYR in their number plates. They're naf as f**k. As is car specific ones. S3 xxx/X5 xxx/xxx CUP

I had P33 UGG on my old 106. That was worth about £200 IIRC and was on the car when I bought it. I think they're pointless tbh - it's £200 that could be better spent; or £2,000 in your case. Think how much that could get you. But each to their own and all that...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
L90 TEG is the one being ordered, L = Liam 90 = 1990 (birth year) TEG = Um, Integra.

Will be keeping the car for quite a while so doesn't bother me that it's car specific.

There's a lad around here who had a black new ish shape Audi S4 (him only 20 or so) with S4 ONLY as the plate, looked awesome.

Bike*

How would you know i cant afford insurance? But as your concerned about the state of my bank account, just for your piece of mind.. I can afford a new car and insurance on that new car. But why the f**k would i pay £5000 on insurace. Ridiculous comment.

Bike*
ANT 77S

I saw that too but its going to auction and wouldnt know where to start with all the hastle of that:/

Bike*
Sorry for tripple post:rasp:
Just realised its not all that hard to bid on a plate at auction, cheers:)

Suzuki Jimny
I think they are silly.

I live near a village called Usk, and millions of people have USK at the end of their plates FFS.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
How would you know i cant afford insurance? But as your concerned about the state of my bank account, just for your piece of mind.. I can afford a new car and insurance on that new car. But why the f**k would i pay £5000 on insurace. Ridiculous comment.

I'm not concerned. I couldn't give a s**t if you went and threw £2000 of fivers out your window.

But as you say "why the f**k would i pay £5000 on insurace", why the f**k would you spend £2000 on a private plate that you can't use. Ridiculous comment.

You posted on a public forum, expect responses that you don't agree with.

My brother bought AV06 DUB for his .:R32 for £255. I didn't think it was too bad. You might be lucky and find a good cheap plate. I personally wouldn't bother buying an expensive plate unless I had a stupid amount of disposable income or I knew I could make my money back without an issue.

Rb 182
I love a private plate. But i think the newer plates are a bit gash. My bosses have plates on the range/disco.

8 RS on the range bought for £6k and worth alot more than that now

and

RS60 DJS, that was picked with the disco when it was bought and means little to anyone bar my boss. Ralph Sibbald, he's 60 and owns D+J Sibbald haulage, but of you didnt know him its just a normal 60 plate, a bit like MO55 ANT.

I was going to buy one a few years back which was £499 on dvla, looked a few weeks ago and it's now worth £5999 :/
I ended up spending about £600 on Y2 ADM which looks 10x better than the 6k one!

MO55 ANT is perfect for you even though it doesn't typically look like a private plate, but 2k is a lot for a plate. Entirely up to you, it's you're cash.