ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prima racing uprated exhaust mount

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Hi just purchased a prima racing uprated exhaust mount, has anybody had any experiance of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 197
Re: Prima racing uprated exhaurst mount

not me, i will stick to the socket bodge which did the trick and saved me £35 :)

Clio 172mk2

somes fitted them to 182s and places seem impressed with them

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

broken my collar bone so will be a while before i can get it on, but will update when i do

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

had mine fitted on friday along with my new ktec cat back supersport stealth, great bit of kit, totally solid, no worries about sagging, stealth exhaust hidden away perfectly.

GB 182 FF

I've fitted a pair to my 182, they do the job a treat, just the broken backbox bracket thats the problem now lol

Just ordered mine as well. Stuff having a load of cable ties and sockets bodged on for £35..

I've had 3 of the standard mounts this year alone lol

Anyone got their yet?

Ordered mine on sunday and nothings turned up - tried emailing them and not got a reply :(

My exhaust is currently hanging on with cable ties and I've got a track day next week

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

I ordered one wednesday and was told it would be next wednesday(ish) when i would get it.

Fitted mine the other day, much better than the standard design and holds the backbox up higher

I've fitted a pair to my 182, they do the job a treat, just the broken backbox bracket thats the problem now lol

Has the mount it's self actually caused the bracket break? Was my concern that due to there being less flex in the mount and putting more stress on the bracket.

GB 182 FF

Fitted mine the other day, much better than the standard design and holds the backbox up higher

Has the mount it's self actually caused the bracket break? Was my concern that due to there being less flex in the mount and putting more stress on the bracket.

No the bracket was free from the backbox BEFORE I fitted the prima mounts lol
Now have a sodding great jubilee clip holding the box to the bracket :)

182 ff with cup pack's
mite get some of these my car's got a bad name of my mate because of the cable ties holding the backbox up lol

172 Cup
I've had one on mine for the last month and it's the mutt's nuts. No movement at all anymore. Teamed with the full K-tec engine mount kit my car is solid.

Fitted, had to use some shims as tail pipe touching bumper,

compexmount1.jpg

compexmount.jpg

Now very little movement....worth every penny....(maybe not the £8 postage though).

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered one for mine, as the standard mount (I think I'm on the third one now) has given up, and my bodge with spare sockets has gone wrong :p

How long on average are people waiting for delivery?

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
do they supply the other hangars that hold up the centre pipe thats where my biggest problem lies? or would do you use?

GB 182 FF
Is the center part of the mount solid rubber?

yes (well pretty much solid, there is some give)

And I've not noticed any extra vibration... I mean the 182 is an NVH nightmare so I dont think an extra noise/vibration would be noticeable lol

Clio RS 182
yes (well pretty much solid, there is some give)

And I've not noticed any extra vibration... I mean the 182 is an NVH nightmare so I dont think an extra noise/vibration would be noticeable lol

The Engine movement on Idle in most 182's is ridiculous so putting a near to solid exhaust mount on would increase vibration throughout the car ten fold I would imagine.

Ph1
Would have thought the spring kit would cushion any vibration, or most of it.

Does the exhaust noise resonate up though the car more with this?

Clio RS 182
Would have thought the spring kit would cushion any vibration, or most of it.

Does the exhaust noise resonate up though the car more with this?

I believe the springs are there purely for engine movement under acceleration, not vibrations!

GB 182 FF
The prima ones arent made from spherical bearings lol, there is still give to damp out vibrations and movement, just they dont fail.

Yes you had a cheap'n'cheerful way to fix it but tbh I like the ease of unbolt one mount, replace, unbolt other mount, replace :) £70 is nothing really compared to say 2 sets of OEM mounts a year + my time.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
so because they cost £70 that makes them x10 better than my cheap'n'cheerful powerflex mounts. People have been using powerflex mounts on exhausts for decades for a reason.

The prima mounts were available when I 1st bought my car in 2005, and how often are they mentioned or more rarely, bought.

I'm not claiming my mounts are better than yours, his or whoever. Only that they are far superior to OE for less than £15, 30minutes of DIY and using your existing mounts.

GB 182 FF
now where did I say the £70 answer was BETTER than yours?... aside from the total lack of effort needed to fit.

Either way the end solution is the one we both wanted.