ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressed plates

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
So because you say they're legal that makes it fact lol
I like your grown up attitude. It's very refreshing.
I'm out.

Those gel plates are legal. Its not the job of the supplier to prove they are legal, its up to the police/cps to prove they are not Legal.

As you say the plates do need to have the following items on them -
- the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d);
- the name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier; and
- the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.

The BS standard is nothing to do with the letters, only the reflective background.
So if his plates have the ablve and as long as the letters are the correct size and spacing, then the gel plates are perfectly legal.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I run the dubmeister plates. They are easier to read at night or with lights shone on them than the flat plastic ones. During the day they are no different.

I would be interested to know whether they have passed the bull-s**t standard by the manufacturer and not dubmeister. Afaik dubmeister just do the lettering.

I purchased pressed plates, that came with a piece of paper which explains exactly why they are legal which I keep in the car incase I ever get pulled over