ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre tensioner question

Clio Campus Sport
Need a drivers side pretensioner, my car is a 06 1.2 16v Clio campus sport ( mk2 phase3 I believe)
I see loads of 182/172s being broken and was wondering if I need a pretensioner from the same model or any mk2 model?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I can't answer your question, but if it were me I'd be getting the part number off the one on your car and checking it against others.

Although I can't see why they would be different?

Clio Campus Sport
Unfortunately there is no part number on my current one. Years of spilt drinks lol.
No campus in my local breakers yard but there are 172/182s and I don't want to risk ordering the wrong one off the internet as money is tight.

PH2 172
I can confirm they are NOT all the same.
Do you know your vehicle code as in CB1N or BB00 etc?
And engine code?

Clio Campus Sport
What is the vehicle code? Is that in the log book?
Engine is D4f ( if this is what you mean)
I've found one that looks like it could be a match, just waiting for a reply, but the seatbelt connector is broken, would it be as simple as cutting off the old one and twisting and taping the wires together?

PH2 172
What is the vehicle code? Is that in the log book?
Engine is D4f ( if this is what you mean)
I've found one that looks like it could be a match, just waiting for a reply, but the seatbelt connector is broken, would it be as simple as cutting off the old one and twisting and taping the wires together?
D4F is engine code, the vehicle code is the 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th digits of the VIN number.
You will find this on the log book & MOT.
To be honest, there are lot more 1.2 `s about than 172/182 `s.

Clio Campus Sport
Thanks, I've finally found one, breakers has confirmed it will fit, turns out eBay were filtering out loads of results with the car spec they have added to the search.