ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre Summer Routine...Advice

RS Clio 200
Right, so this is what i have planned once my car cover comes and i can protect the work i put in. Just wanted to check that im building up a good layer rather than putting something on and taking it off with the next step.

Wash Body- Duragloss 902
Wash Arches - AG E&M Clenaer, Pressure washer and dry with old WW
Dry Body - Sonus Der Wonder
Clay - Clearkote clay, my own lube mix of Duragloss 902/Poorboys Spray n wipe QD
Polish - Clearkote Red Mouse with Sonus cutting hand polishing pad
Polish - Clearkote Vanilla Mouse with Sonus hand polishing pad
Sealant - Duragloss polish sealant
Wax - Megs 16

all tied in with the usual plastic care etc etc etc.

106 GTi
I use the VM first and then the RMG, as the VM has stronger cleaners than the RMG. Would not use either with a cutting pad.

The Duragloss Sealant will never bond properly to either of the CK Glazes so I would not expect great durability from it.

106 GTi
TBH I really like the finish VM and RMG give, so would stick with them but you may aswell go straight to #16 straight after them - will look good though.

Otherwise I would be going down the AG SRP or Klasse AI) with Jeffs Acyrlic Jett Trigger Sealant topped with a Carnuba.

RS Clio 200
cool....
would the poorboys EX-P sealent be better?

i got loads of the VM and RMG so ill stick with them for the sake of using em up

106 GTi
Still won't bond properly with the VM and RMG, though will look good. Sealants just wont fit in properly with that route.

VM & RMG with Poorboys EX-p topped with P21s was my chosen combo for ages on my old Xsi.

RS Clio 200
cheers rich, i might give that a go then... think i have some EX-P already.i tend to wax once a week anyway, so chances of the sealent getting exposed is minimal