ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre/Post ITB Graphs

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Had my car rolling roaded the other day at powerstation as part of Rebel motorsports r/road day with a nice range of machinery.
The cup was roaded there last year when I had a remap matched inlets, decat Itg etc.
So i wondered how it would compare since having the bodies fitted.
I wont get to hung up on figures and i know it's not an exact science as time has passed but most standard spec cars were in the region of est power on the day, and i will let the graphs show the difference

Graph 1 pre ITB's
pre itb big 001.jpg

Graph 2 post ITB's
post itb 001.jpg

Main thing I noticed is how the car now holds the torque and this is what you feel when you drive it ;)

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Got a vid its a bit naff but will try and upload it. The club got proper vid's will try and get it off them. I was impressed with the output compared to some of the other motors there and the noise on the rollers was rather mental :evil:

Lionel Richie
that's fly difference,

7bhp (approx) wheel difference = 24bhp fly difference according to their dyno??? erm????

i think their rollers are on crack! 160@ wheels is approx 190@ fly for reference, but depends on the dyno, their dyno is dumb IMO!!

Stripped yozza'd cup
How can the gains at the fly be different to the gains at the wheel? Should be the same power losses through the drivetrain?

Lionel Richie
well a stock 172/182 will do 140/145 @ wheels
with bodies they'll do 165/170 @ wheels

so for those graphs to show only a 7bhp difference @ wheels something silly is going on, fly figures are about right though, if not a little bit optomistic

Stripped yozza'd cup
Right I'm with you, I was looking at the power figures quoted at the bottom of the page.... I'm assuming you're looking at the wheel hp curve.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Had my car rolling roaded the other day at powerstation as part of Rebel motorsports r/road day with a nice range of machinery.
The cup was roaded there last year when I had a remap matched inlets, decat Itg etc.
So i wondered how it would compare since having the bodies fitted.

what itb's did you use?

208bhp seems very strong for just bodies!

Not just ITB's :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
First of all... thanks to Marc for joining us on the day. Great to see you mate and hopefully we can hook up again soon.

Secondly, the wheel power on the MAHA dyno is not wheel horse power as you would 'traditionally' understand it. I'll have to dig out how this dyno works as I cannot remember off the top of my head but I've had this discussion each and every year for the past 4 years we've held it! LOL! The fly corrected horsepower is the one to look at here, as well as the torque.

I have videos and printouts, etc. and am currently going through them. As soon as they are done I'll post them up and I'll also udpate my Trophy thread with the results, too. A few pictures should be up in the gallery fairly soon.

Cheers,
Andy

p.s. Marc - awesome mate!

ITB'd MK1
The trouble with powerstation dyno days is they let people sit on the cars to hold them in the rollers. This effects the losses as much as it effects the traction. If the people sat on the car, jump right off while the run-down is being done, the losses will be garbage

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The trouble with powerstation dyno days is they let people sit on the cars to hold them in the rollers. This effects the losses as much as it effects the traction. If the people sat on the car, jump right off while the run-down is being done, the losses will be garbage
I'm not sure who you've been to PowerStation with but that's never happened in the 4 years we've been going...! Cars are strapped in with only the operator in the vehicle, who sees it through the whole cycle.

EDIT: Photos can be seen here...

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
No-one sat on my car ;) I have seen that happen once there with adey's r5. Knew the old wheel horsepower would throw a few I asked about it as was told something about it being a Maha dyno.
I took the figures with a bit of a pinch of salt more interested in the graphs, but a few cars on the day must be down on power if there that far out.
Spec wise it's the Ktec kit and gen90 ecu with a decat.
P.s Cracking day andy the noise of that teg was mental

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MAHA make dencent Dyno's imo! Never had a reason to doubt Kevins. Esp when 172,182,197 all ran close to book +/- a couple of %

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Can't say I've ever seen any major problems with the MAHA dyno's either... always found the PowerStation dyno to be a little on the optimistic side but it has proven extremely consistent over the times I've been there (hence why I use it as the base dyno for comparing my mod performance and noting the difference in graphs rather than the figures). At K-Tec dyno my car made ~174bhp whilst at PowerStation (same mods) it made ~180bhp. As long as I see improvements in the dyno plots I'm happy (but obviously I'll quote the higher figure for pub banter...!) LOL!

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
When i had the ITB's fitted i had it ran on ktec's rollers and it was about 10bhp on what powerstation ran it at. I was more interested in the before and after graph and difference rather than what figure it ran as I had been to powerstation last year.
Comparing it to some other cars on the day i was pretty happy with the results.