ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre CSS clean.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
My old BMW needed a good scrub so during the week I gave it a clean and used some wonder wheels stuff too as the wheels were horrid. This morning I had a free day before I leave this evening to head up to CSS so wanted to give it a polish etc. Make sure it looks ok for CSS.

I gave it a quick snow foam and spray off with my new Karcher. Really makes it enjoyable using the karcher.

Used SRP and then some meguiars nxt wax. Just some stuff I have had for a number of years in my shed. Overall my BMW is quite old and the paintwork is shocking but from a distance scrubs up ok. Even gave the interior a good vacuum out and wipe down along with blackening the plastics on the outside and a bit of tyre gel too. Only iPhone pictures so quality will probably be pretty crap :(

Pics:

698b8125.jpg

377534ea.jpg

d80f0c80.jpg

0995e1a3.jpg

08e4ba9b.jpg

e654280e.jpg

A bit more of a close up... some really bad paintwork with the lacquer coming away... :(

roof worst, been quoted to sort the wings and roof at approx £300 as the roof is a bit tricky with it being right in the middle:

bb5ba265.jpg

front wing:

d00885dd.jpg

A nasty scratch from the previous owner... Not sure how I can sort this one out?

595affe7.jpg

What would people recommend to shine up the chrome again? Had some metal cleaner but it did nothing. Consider the chrome has not been treated for 3 years.

bfcd610f.jpg

Sorry pics really are crapy quality but you get the idea. Just need to get one new number plates as mine are pretty shagged. Not too bad for an 11 year old BMW with 125k :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Would you actually bring it, always wanted to make mine shiny :eek:

And seb, you'd be surpirsed what's under the s**t, my 3 series came up lovely and shiny.

Honda & VW
I bet that exhaust would clean up lovely with a bit of wire wool!

A bit??? That looks caked on, did my father in laws exhausts on his A3 which looked much the same, took a fair while with plenty of wire wool, mercury and a hell of alot of elbow grease