ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powersteering pump

CLIO 182
Hi all i was wondering if the powersteering pump from a 172/182 is part specific or can i use another one from the Renault range. Mine (2004 182) has developed an annoying whine, Although it hasnt effected the steering or handling as yet.. The noise would drive you mad & im sure it will get no better..

Im sure there could be answers or the likes in the search function. But id much prefer to get the answer to my on question/thread

Many thanks in advance for any help or pointers :p

CLIO 182
all pumps the same iirc , is it only whining whilst idling?

No its whining when driving turning corners and i would get the odd squeal now and again from that area when trying to do 3 point turns etc... it cant be any belts or tensioners as they were done the day after i purchased the car and they were checked and rechecked.

Clio 172
Have you checked your pas fluid? , same happened to me and was a split pipe, fluid was leaking slightly then when it went down so much it sounded like an f1 car when you turn it lol

CLIO 182
yes fluid was kind of ok.. well i say ok the levels were fine but very dirty like engine oil that had been on for ages.. flushed/emptied it and also put some lucas oil/stop leak. i thought it might of helped.. It made it go a tad quieter for abit but wasnt long in coming back..