ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex wishbone bushes

clio 172 phase 2
Basically in my previous thread i have been having problem with fitting my new style wishbone bushes from powerflex . I emailed them explaining my situation and they have told me to shave down the bushes a little so they fit inside the slots on the subframe . Is this a wise idea ? I did think about doing this but didnt wanna risk it but now they have told me to do so just wondering what somone else thinks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive just fitted a set to my car, yes they are a bit tight when trying to get the washers in.
Did you press your bushes in with a press or vice?

Or did you just push them in by hand?

I put my bushes in the arms with a press and found this better to fit to the car, i had to lever the arms/bushes while trying to get the washers in, its tight but it does go.

Scott

Mec 350 slk manual
I thought you have fitted them by now ? Is there some garage that could do them for you

Cup In bits
I thought this had been covered Dan, they are tight to get into the arms and on the car. Suspension parts just don't fall onto a car sometimes im afraid mate, some force required. And yes I would advise welding of the collars with the new style bushes even though though the collar is thicker, there is still room for movement.

Megane r26
I thought this had been covered Dan, they are tight to get into the arms and on the car. Suspension parts just don't fall onto a car sometimes im afraid mate, some force required. And yes I would advise welding of the collars with the new style bushes even though though the collar is thicker, there is still room for movement.

Just wanted a heads up tbh, welding them is not a problem as I've got a mig rig.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine in not a problem with the washers. Managed to leaver the wishbone enough to get the washer in the top then leaver the wishbone the other way and gently tap the washer down with a hammer.

My problem came getting the wishbone off. Had to get the grinder out and cut one of the bolts off!

clio 172 phase 2
The place where i got them have increased the price to £90 . But I've seen a set on ebay already in wishbones for somthing like 40-50 quid

clio 172 phase 2
It's so annoying isn't it mate . But I got them in in the end . Just keep trying and youl get there !