ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Rear Exhaust Hanger

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Need a new exhaust mount on the rear was thinking of the Powerflex, any real difference between the red and the black versions? Anyone had both?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Gareth

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I've got red and that was hard enough to fit. You get alot of resonance through the boot with them mind. I like it though:smile:
Definitely don't need black then, saw something about putting it in the freezer helps contract it to get it in easier, just don't want to buy another standard one and it disintegrate like the one I have now has.

dan's cast offs.
they're easy. cut the rubber out from both sides and the bottom, bit of rubber grease or whatever you've got and push it in, if it won't go by hand get it in a vice.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I was bad for the world and melted the old one out then used a vice to press new one in :)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
they're easy. cut the rubber out from both sides and the bottom, bit of rubber grease or whatever you've got and push it in, if it won't go by hand get it in a vice.
I was bad for the world and melted the old one out then used a vice to press new one in :smile:
Vice is the way to go then, will put it on the job list :up:

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I just get knackered old ones and lash them up with Tigerseal/windscreen sealant, not had one fail yet and haven't noticed any major increase in noise.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I just get knackered old ones and lash them up with Tigerseal/windscreen sealant, not had one fail yet and haven't noticed any major increase in noise.
That might be worth a go then as well, don't really want to make it any noisier if i can help it

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

I did similar, bought a really cheap one on eBay and filled it with Tigerseal. It might not last forever but a lot of the aftermarket ones are much more expensive so thought it was worth a go.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I did similar, bought a really cheap one on eBay and filled it with Tigerseal. It might not last forever but a lot of the aftermarket ones are much more expensive so thought it was worth a go.
Might give that a whirl first then, worth a go :smile:

182 Whipppp
76ed91bd30f3062c759214d8c15164e3.jpg
eb0de38e4b25c35ce4d1f247b0de6c24.jpg

This is what I did on mine, bought a pair of universal mounts off eBay, cut the rounded bit square and put some self rappers through it, eyed it up and drilled a hole through the bush where I wanted it to sit, cost less than £15!!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
This is what I did on mine, bought a pair of universal mounts off eBay, cut the rounded bit square and put some self rappers through it, eyed it up and drilled a hole through the bush where I wanted it to sit, cost less than £15!!
That looks good, if the Tigerseal fails might have a go at making some of my own :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Well I thought I'd just give it a go and if it didn't work well it was no major biggie[emoji851]
Exactly, I don't mind paying for some things but £20+ seems a bit much for a bit of rubber/plastic even if it has got a brand attached to it!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got red and that was hard enough to fit. You get alot of resonance through the boot with them mind. I like it though:smile:
That is a f*cking understatement, the plastic boot cover vibrates so much I can barely hear myself think!

They're good if you're sick of having exhaust hangers sag and fall apart, as I doubt this one will wear out, it's bloody solid.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mybe there's flex somewhere else along your exhaust which means the backbox doesn't get it, I replaced the centre mount with a new one at the same time and there was zero movement in my exhaust at all, so all the vibration now resonates through the boot.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Theres a guy on csoc that sells the £25 each and there shocking imo a cheap bush screwed in yeh £25 each for bodged ones no thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Do them yourself - custom made mounts - perfect with no sagging!!!
image.jpeg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Made a custom mount using a new mount with added Sikaflex (just like Tiger Seal) no pictures unfortunately but filled in all the gaps on the normal mount and tried to force the hole for the exhaust to go through as high up as possible. Seems to have worked so far, let's see how long it lasts :smile: do have water dripping from after cat on the exhaust join though, should this have a gasket on? But fixed a slight blow between the middle pipe and the back box.