ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Dogbone Mount

PH1 Clio 172
I just received my new powerflex dogbone mount kit today but i was under the impression that you got the actual 'dog-bone' with it... can anyone confirm from the pic below if this is the right kit i have been sent before i attempt to fit the bushes and waste my time.?

017.jpg

Thanks in advance

:D

PH1 Clio 172
lol - i look forward to getting my hands dirty this weekend then haha

I believe these bushes make a hell of a difference!

Clio Sport 172
Yeah, the Powerflex website is all yellow and blue, maybe you got Chinese ones. They are only £41 direct from Powerflex.

PH1 Clio 172
£35 off ebay? I was watching but forgot to bid in time!

Yeah, they took an age to get delivered though!

why are they blue only ever seen purple and yellow before?

I think its just my utterly bone camera tbh, they are actually purple lol

Some mixed opinions of them on here mate

Yeah i have heard a few good and bad things about them myself tbh, however it was a need not a want so thought whilst i was replacing i might as well pay the extra couple of ££ and get uprated ones, i will post my opinions once i have fitted and tested them

are the old bushes easy to remove?

I shall take a few pictures etc and show the stages of fitting this might as well do a mini review on them whilst i can gonna fit them this weekend!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
lol - i look forward to getting my hands dirty this weekend then haha

I believe these bushes make a hell of a difference!

They do mate gearchange feels better and car much tighter and better to drive but you get a LOT of vibration in the car on tickover and increased road noise.

I MAY have another soultion to this thou. I am testing on my car at the moment watch this space !!!

PH1 Clio 172
lmfao - im a pretty tolerant person tbh. Guess im about to find out how tolerant though haha

PH1 Clio 172
Well like i say, hopefully weather permitting, i will fit them this weekend.

I shall be sure to post my opinions afterwards

53 Clio's & counting
i have the yellow ones fitted, and no extra vibration on my ph1, and feels tighter.

i had to use a press to get the old bushes out, well i didnt HAVE to, but i have use of one at work so meh why make a job harder than it needs to be lol

poly bushes can be pushed in by hand

PH1 Clio 172
i have the yellow ones fitted, and no extra vibration on my ph1, and feels tighter.

i had to use a press to get the old bushes out, well i didnt HAVE to, but i have use of one at work so meh why make a job harder than it needs to be lol

poly bushes can be pushed in by hand

Just what i like to hear! tbh, anything will be better than the current situation feels like the engines trying to throw itself out of the engine bay when i put my foot down lol

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i would double check that before you try fitting it

ive just been on the phone to ktec about my powerflex bushes and he assures me the blue ones are for the twisted type mount :S

PH1 Clio 172
Bugger thats all i need hahaha

the Kit number is: PFF60-211K quite helpfully the only compatability read i can find online just states "For all Mk2 Clio 172/182 models"

lol

look on the ktec site under 172 engine, it shows both types of dogbone on there, the blue one in the twisted type, the yellow one in the straight type

im not saying it wont fit (although the guy at ktec said it wouldnt) im just saying check it over before spending time on it

PH1 Clio 172
I'll put money on it being the wrong one haha its my luck =P

Will do mate, thanks for the advice, looks like i may have to put up with the knackered bushes for a little while longer haha

53 Clio's & counting
Order one for the Clio Williams mate, thats the kit i have, as they have the straight do bones like our PH1's

PH1 Clio 172
will do, gonna be a couple of weeks now though as im gonna have to send this one back first lol

Joy!

glad i could help, but sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

at least you didnt spend an hour trying to press a poweflex bush in like me, there was no way on earth it was going in, im sure there is something wrong with it

i need to measure the centre pin for k-tec so they can compare it against another one in stock

PH1 Clio 172
LOL nah im greatful, my own fault for being lazy though and not checking myself, although to be fair i did state that it was the twisted dogbone mount, ah well! might just buy another one from K-Tec as its only £40 and stick this one in the for sale thread

Audi TT
Matty did mine and it's stopped the banging when accelerating hard in 1st and 2nd gear. Bit more vibration in cabin at idle but other than that a definite improvement.

As for getting the old one out we tried burning it out as advised on CS a few time but wasn't the best solution we didn't think!

Vw caddy tdi
Yeah, the Powerflex website is all yellow and blue, maybe you got Chinese ones. They are only £41 direct from Powerflex.

No brought mine from k tec they look exactly like your pic above but purple, arrived in a powerflex box also. Why exactly are above wrong for a ph1 I havent tried fitting mine yet?

PH1 Clio 172
No brought mine from k tec they look exactly like your pic above but purple, arrived in a powerflex box also. Why exactly are above wrong for a ph1 I havent tried fitting mine yet?

If you look at the below pic from K-Tec's Website:

172_inline_1.jpg

and then the kit i received:

017.jpg

the smaller of the two bushes doesnt have the solid steel inner... i also called Lark Speed yesterday to voice my concerns they also agreed that the kit i have is wrong and is for the twisted style dogbone :(