ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex camber bolt issue

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so fitted the bolts and had it tracked up with 1.5° of neg camber. On track under hard cornering they jumped out of camber and had to go back the the pits to see what the problem was. No matter how tight I made them they still slipped out of camber. Has anybody else experienced this and am I doing something wrong or are the powerflex bolts just for show and shine and not for track use?
Next stop cadwell 2nd August so need some answers. Thanks guys

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't say I've heard of this issue on here. Allways used eibach and never had an issue

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Think ill buy some 14mm eibach ones. They look like they are high tensile steel instead of the powerflex electroplated ones which are probably just mild steel

dan's cast offs.
never had problems with the powerflex ones.

is the tag on the washer sitting in the hole on the damper ok?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a check at the weekend just ordered a gunsen camber tool so can check and change camber at the track I'll have ago and hit some corners hard See what happens

Clio RS 172 2002
I bought powerflex bolts about a year ago and fitted them last week, had wheels aligned, then needed to take them off to change strut top mounts. While putting one side back on the nut stripped. Only used torque wrench at 120 Nm. Have had to pull them out ang get alignment redone. Not happy.

IMG_6455.JPG

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Ok use kerbs aswell and they were fine there just high speed corners they jumped. Was a croft when they did it thought I had snapped a ball joint to start with as it was at full positive camber and steering was al over the place!
That nut shouldn't have stripped. Is 120nm the correct setting?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
That's good to know. I'll use that setting when they turn up.
Bought a Gunsen camber setter aswell so if I do need to reset cambers in the pits I will have a decent reading

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Tried to upload the picture but I don't know how to do it. Powerflex bolts were 12mm on the cam lobe bit and eibach ones are 14mm on the cam lobe bit thus explaining why they were slipping under high load. Im surprised they didn't snap to be honest!!!

Attachments

• 20170717_102923.jpg
    20170717_102923.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 237

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've gone with Eibachs as James says, just the tried and trusted ones and for the same price you'd be silly not to.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I'm worried I've got the wrong ones in mine now as I just bought some power flex ones. Think I'll swap them out for eibach ones before I venture onto track.

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Pretty sure 120nm is way too high for camber bolts, can't remember exact settings, though around 65-70nm might be right.