ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powercoated alloy - Touch up?

E36 328i
Because of some complete bellend stopping on a blind bend yesterday, I had to put the car onto the kerb instead of up his rear.

My question is, can powder coated alloys be touched up? The kerbing isn't that bad, I'll attach a picture.

Untitled by matt_13289, on Flickr

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
This is the reason I didn't get mine powder coated as I was told its a nightmare and normally requires a full re powder coating to fix it

133/225/CLS AMG
This is the reason I didn't get mine powder coated as I was told its a nightmare and normally requires a full re powder coating to fix it

This is exactly what I was told when I had mine done as well. Can't be filled and sprayed like you would a painted wheel so for a proper repair it would need to be re-done.

Nothing stopping you painting the mark in with a similar colour though. I did this on my cheapo 172 as the wheels were kerbed when I got it. Certainly doesn't draw your eye like to the silver kerb marks like it used too.