ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power vamp PVR22 Clubsport Battery

Track 172 Cup
Anyone using one in their Clio? I'm looking at getting one so I can leave the larger filter fitted on the RS2 style inlet I've got waiting to fit. As it's probably cheaper at £44.50 with a bracket for the battery than changing the filter lol. It's on ebay but I'm struggling to post a like for some reason. I'll be using a trickle charger and might even go for the Battery, bracket and charger package which is about £66 so saves me leaving the expensive charger I have in the clio. Looked at the oddessy battery too but it's twice the price at £99 and reading the specs can't see much difference.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Track 172 Cup
@Korky do you use the brass adapters for the battery terminals for using the standard connection? Or just the screw top things.

Mounted behind the passenger seat but I've installed a cup heater box so thinking about moving it to under the scuttle, fittings wise I just have ring connectors and two Allen bolts into the battery

I use one in the racecar - I do not have a trickle charger and its been fine for 2 months (maybe once a every other week i start it) although i have a kill switch which gets used when the car is not in use. Bargain.

Track 172 Cup
Ordered one this morning so hopefully it turns up soon and I can get on with getting it fitted. Didn't bother with getting the one that came with a charger as if it needs it I can always just put it in charge in the house. As it's not a daily just a track car not too bad if it doesn't start I normally check over a day or two before I go on a track day anyway.

Ordered one this morning so hopefully it turns up soon and I can get on with getting it fitted. Didn't bother with getting the one that came with a charger as if it needs it I can always just put it in charge in the house. As it's not a daily just a track car not too bad if it doesn't start I normally check over a day or two before I go on a track day anyway.
I don't think it's that great for the battery if it goes flat often - although they're cheap so not a massive issue.

I was tempted too, but couldn't find anything but poor comments about lifespan, got an Odyssey instead!
C279EA4B-65E4-44A8-97A4-A8FB1B016A0F_zps29nieusk.jpg

Track 172 Cup
I'll see what it's like and if I have too I can change to an odyssey one just wanna get it in and sorted so I can get my 'Turkish' RS2 style inlet fitted and mapped at efi wanna see if the results @bloke got were hopefully not a one off lol.

Track 172 Cup
at least you still have the graph though and can compare be good to see them both after they have been mapped and rolling roaded at the same place, I have a print out for mine somewhere think it was 167hp.....

stuff??
lol top secret or am i gonna have to drive over and pester to see (I'm sat at home and its pissing down lol so im pretty bored)

dan's cast offs.
should of dropped me a text, could of done with a bacon butty!! only just back in and am bloody starving!!

swapped the box over as diff started rumbling, lightweight flywheel on, changed cams and sticking 182 exhaust manifold on when i drop it back in tomorrow. also painted a few bits while engine and box were out.