ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steering pump

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
I'm just trying eliminate things as i've got a very anoying sqeel, At idle you can barely hear it but when you drive its presant.

Now ive got the belt off i'm checking if theres any play in the pulleys and the p/steering pulley i have slight movement in and out, so was just wondering if this was the norm?

Every other seems fine so im some what confused, any ideas?

i dont run air con, so can i remove the unit and run the cup belt? and would the pulleys and tensioners be the same? so i could just get the belt?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Aux belt bearing? Mine developted a whinning noise so had an aux belt kit fitted.

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Fitted all the kit last week, so ive ruled that out unless its a duff tensioner?

Ive changed the pump and put it all back togeather now and although ive not yet driven it, theres no sqeel as of yet

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
UPDATE:

problem sorted, changed the w/pump and another new aux belt...the sqeel has gone for now!