ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering pipe layout/routing

Evening!

Does anyone have a picture of how the pump to rack powersteering pipe is meant to run on an 03 172?

Ive recently purchased a non running car that was mid engine change. Its come with 2 pas pipes... 1 is quite short and seams it would fit but the rack end has been cut off. The pump end has a short metal section that comes off the main pipe and fits the pump and bolts to the block

The other seams far to long with two rubber sections, 1 has some heat sheild on so must go past the exhaust?

Struggling abit

Pics of the pipes i have....

The long one
46145123-0030-4047-94D2-9D98E64E7623_zpsd2pxmtgm.gif

The short one with end chopped off... The threaded end was attached to a short piece with pressure switch that seams to go in the pump and bolt to the block...

BED735AF-C158-4EE5-B286-FD2F978BF752_zps6y9lrjyt.gif

Is some of the short pipe missing... I do have the other end which doesn't seam to match up. The long pipe, ive no idea how that routes and it dont seam to fit. Could the long pipe be off a cup?

Ok. By googling engine bays.. looking at ebay pics ect it would appear the long hose i have is from a cup... And the short hose is missing a good few feet! Its cut more or less over the top of the gearbox grrr!